Billc47

xt901 vs xt907

from what i have been reading the xt907 is like a sister phone to the xt901 so I am having a hard time figuring out how much difference there is. I you go to the motorla firmware page the xt907 has had kitkat 4.4.2 for at least two to three weeks so why doesnt the xt901 if they are basically the same. Opinions anyone

motorola firmwares http://sbf.droid-developers.org/

Edited by Billc47

Because they're not actually the same phone and its (I believe) on the carrier to release the firmware, not Motorola.

If it is Motorola, then there's no real good reason other than they don't want to.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

you have made a very good point as far as carrier goes i do believe i saw verizon US listed

Yeah, you're correct. The XT907 is the Razr M on Verizon, which is essentially the same phone as the Electrify M (XT901), but the Verizon version has had the KitKat update for a few months now while he haven't got anything yet.

USCC.

But I could be wrong. You can call uscc and ask, but idk for sure. Only those two do. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I think its USCC. Takes forever to install apps you'll never use.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

I have been thinking that we will probably never see a KitKat update for the xt901,. Do you think if you copied the bootloader from the xt907  only and installed it on the xt901 it would work. I could get roms from cm or pacman but both require a 4.4. bootloader. I guess if all else fails try to get a Moto X instead  

Sorry wrong place for this post

Edited by Billc47

I talked to USCC and they are saying they have received no updates from Motorola for the XT901 so that would say it is moto