cdiamond

Should I unlock my Moto X?

I am debating on if I should unlock my boot half of my mind is telling jus hold on a little while longer when 5.0 comes out then the other half is like come on have you seen read about these kernels lately and the latest Roms out there and I'm jus likeatu3yba8.jpg

Even if you unlock your bootloader, you can still upgrade the firmware using RSD Lite later if you want.  Likely there'll be custom ROMs updated to the latest before Moto gets the update out anyway

Even if you unlock your bootloader, you can still upgrade the firmware using RSD Lite later if you want.  Likely there'll be custom ROMs updated to the latest before Moto gets the update out anyway

I was just going to say this lol.

Unlocking should be okay, and will probably allow you to update before the day you can officially. 

Ya see I'm scared of unlocking it again becuz the last time I did with my other moto x the camera stopped working lol

Tis the price you pay lol. All up to you as the phone owner.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Shouldn't have anything to do with unlocking. Same as root. Root itself doesn't break anything. What you do with root does.  I unlocked my X when I had it and the camera worked just fine. 

Also edited the title to reflect the topic content.

Edited by Zenzr

Then its staying locked lol I need my camera for a lot of important things

Snappin pics of thee babes? lol

Unlocking the bootloader wouldnt cause the camera to stop, there had to be something else causing that - unlocking the bootloader and rooting wouldnt ever do that.

Ok imma take your word for @iRub1Out but if it happens imma find you and kick your @#$ Lol.

Lol no. It's not his fault. It's still 100% on you. You device, you take responsibility. 

We just provide you with information when you have a question or wanna know something lol. 

Edited by Zenzr

Unlocked my X on 4.2.2 and never looked back. Love my phone now, no more holding me back... Forever lol!