sandman

Issue with downloading MMS messages

We have two EM's which we got at the same time. My son's phone periodically has issues with downloading pictures sent through text messages (MMS). He will get notified of the message, then click on the download button, then get an error a few minutes later indicating a download failure. The phone is set to automatically download messages when it receives those messages. Still, it has errors trying to retrieve the pics.

At first I thought it had to do with receiving messages from apples, but it also seems to happen with androids as well.

I have not seen this issue with my phone.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

My apologies if this was already covered elsewhere.

Thanks for any input!

Is mobile data enabled? Sounds obvious but I've seen mobile data get shut off and people don't notice because of availability of WiFi.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Yes mobile data is enabled. But that brings up a good point that I haven't fully explored yet. I only hear about it when he is home and connected to WiFi at the house. Would that make a difference?

The wife's S4 does this from time to time where it makes her download MMS messages then it goes back to doing it on its own like it is supposed to. No changes to anything to cause it to happen or stop. Completely stock and unrooted.

I chalk it up to the USCellular network...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I can't tell you what is going on at the moment. His phone has indicated it is downloading a single picture for the last 12 hours.

His phone is complete stock as well.

I've tried the *228 thing without help.

I'm thinking my next steps are to try a different app or a factory reset.

My S3 would fail on MMS is I was using wifi. Somehow it would turn off mobile data even for MMS when I was on wifi. I would toggle mobile data on hit the download on the MMS and in it would come. I think a battery saver I was using did it, Juice Defender I believe.