Sign in to follow this  
Jereso

Radio Questions

Are the radio's between phones interchangable? Just the radio.img, not the PB99IMG.zip (specifically the android-info.txt). If not, does anyone have the 2.05.10.06.29 USCC Radio? I have the Alltell 2.1 (2.05.10.06.29) radio and the USCC 2.2 (2.15.00.11.16) radio, I'm trying to get them for my megathread.

Are the radio's between phones interchangable? Just the radio.img, not the PB99IMG.zip (specifically the android-info.txt). If not, does anyone have the 2.05.10.06.29 USCC Radio? I have the Alltell 2.1 (2.05.10.06.29) radio and the USCC 2.2 (2.15.00.11.16) radio, I'm trying to get them for my megathread.

They are interchangeable. If someone tells me how to dump the radio from my phone to an image file, Ill post it. I have the USCC 2.1 stock shipped radio. I have never updated it since launch day.

So, since I really don't want to start another thred, which is the "best" radio to have on a Desire with USCC? I have whatever one came with the 2.2 upgrade, but am now running Oxygen. Any thoughts?

So, since I really don't want to start another thred, which is the "best" radio to have on a Desire with USCC? I have whatever one came with the 2.2 upgrade, but am now running Oxygen. Any thoughts?

For better signal, use the original 2.1 version. For better battery, use the one you have.

For better signal, use the original 2.1 version. For better battery, use the one you have.

Where can I get the radios, and how do I flash them?

Where can I get the radios, and how do I flash them?

I would like to do this also, if the 2.1 has better signal I would like to install it. Any help is appreciated.

So, back to my original question. Where can I get radios and how do you flash them? I have read through some forums that the Alltel radios work too, but I just wonder which one is best. As stated above, the 2.1 radio is supposed to be better reception wise. Where could I get it at? Info on this seems to be hard to find.

So, back to my original question. Where can I get radios and how do you flash them? I have read through some forums that the Alltel radios work too, but I just wonder which one is best. As stated above, the 2.1 radio is supposed to be better reception wise. Where could I get it at? Info on this seems to be hard to find.

I believe this is it. Credit goes to someone else but dunno name... sorry if you see this and I didn't give proper credit.

So, how can I flash this? And how can I be sure it is a Desire radio?

Download, rename PB99IMG.zip, put on root of sd card, reboot to bootloader. Volume up for Yes when it asks. Wait for the red bar in the upper right to complete. Reboot normally.

i can confirm that the file that was posted above works perfect and flashes with no error on my phone.....*228 updates (on screen says fail) but the chicks voice says successful. i had no bars at home with this file i have 2 now. thanks for the file and who ever upped it. and by the way i'm a big :) ....Arrgh!

I tried it again and it never recognizes that I have the PB99IMG.zip on my sd card. It just flies right through and goes back to the bootloader screen. What hboots are you guys using? Maybe it wont work on 1.06? I want the better radio! lol

EDIT: I tried a different sd card with only that file on it and it worked. Sounds like an issue with my current sd card. Thanks snodrog!!!

EDIT: snodrog, do you have a copy of the 2.15.00.11.16 version of the radio as well? Thanks!

I am hoping this helps with mine also. I have decent signal, but it seems like when I am away from my home area, the 3g hangs and then it will switch to 1x and I have data again. Sometimes 3G works fine, but not too terribly often.

Thanks for the download and info! Flashed this last night and it really does give me better reception. But with that being said does anyone have the 2.2 radio? I would like to have it just in case. Thanks again for a great forum!

I flashed mine, seems to work better. As for the 2.2 radio, it seems like I read that you can take it out of the 2.2 update from USCC and flash it back.

I tried it again and it never recognizes that I have the PB99IMG.zip on my sd card. It just flies right through and goes back to the bootloader screen. What hboots are you guys using? Maybe it wont work on 1.06? I want the better radio! lol

EDIT: I tried a different sd card with only that file on it and it worked. Sounds like an issue with my current sd card. Thanks snodrog!!!

EDIT: snodrog, do you have a copy of the 2.15.00.11.16 version of the radio as well? Thanks!

If you are using 1.06, I doubt it will work since that version is locked or are you s-off already?

Here is the 2.15 radio. Again, credits to whoever. I've had this since it came out so probably from Weasel or somebody. I don't remember...

I have the radio zip file on the root of the SD card. Can someone post detailed reboot instructions since I am obviously doing something wrong. My phone still has the 2.15 radio installed. Thanks for the help.

I have the radio zip file on the root of the SD card. Can someone post detailed reboot instructions since I am obviously doing something wrong. My phone still has the 2.15 radio installed. Thanks for the help.

Did you take ut the (1)? Put on root, pull battery, boot to bootloader, Volume Up when asked. Reboot and check version. You must pull battery so it checks SD card, you can't use reboot option.

I'm missing something. I pulled the battery. when I power on It goes right to the normal startup sequence. when I hold the volume down button when I power on, it goes to the fastboot screen.

I'm missing something. I pulled the battery. when I power on It goes right to the normal startup sequence. when I hold the volume down button when I power on, it goes to the fastboot screen.

Try this. Again, take out everything in front of PB99. Fastboot won't happen unless you select it so not sure why that would happen. Try another SD card if you can as well.

Try this. Again, take out everything in front of PB99. Fastboot won't happen unless you select it so not sure why that would happen. Try another SD card if you can as well.

The contents of that zip file are jacked up. There is a OS X folder inside and a duplicate update folder. I know why it won't work. o_0