Sign in to follow this  
Jereso

Radio Questions

I'm missing something. I pulled the battery. when I power on It goes right to the normal startup sequence. when I hold the volume down button when I power on, it goes to the fastboot screen.

Try this. Again, take out everything in front of PB99. Fastboot won't happen unless you select it so not sure why that would happen. Try another SD card if you can as well.

The contents of that zip file are jacked up. There is a OS X folder inside and a duplicate update folder. I know why it won't work. o_0

It worked great for me. Hope you figure it out.

So, back to my original question. Where can I get radios and how do you flash them? I have read through some forums that the Alltel radios work too, but I just wonder which one is best. As stated above, the 2.1 radio is supposed to be better reception wise. Where could I get it at? Info on this seems to be hard to find.

I believe this is it. Credit goes to someone else but dunno name... sorry if you see this and I didn't give proper credit.

For some reason, this zip now has the 2.15 radio in it now.

So, back to my original question. Where can I get radios and how do you flash them? I have read through some forums that the Alltel radios work too, but I just wonder which one is best. As stated above, the 2.1 radio is supposed to be better reception wise. Where could I get it at? Info on this seems to be hard to find.

I believe this is it. Credit goes to someone else but dunno name... sorry if you see this and I didn't give proper credit.

For some reason, this zip now has the 2.15 radio in it now.

Try this one and follow the instructions above about renaming the file.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17114083/2.05%2 ... B99IMG.zip

Here is something interesting. On MIUI's site, they have a screen shot of the HTC Desire CDMA phone with a radio version of 2.15.00.11.16. Wonder where that one came from? The one we have is 2.15.00.02.17. Hmmm...

Well, I just figured out why USCC updated the ROM on their site back in March for the 2.2 update. After seeing that new radio, I wondered what was going on, so I found the radio extraction guide from another site, and low and behold, the radio was changed from when the 2.2 update was first released, and then re-released. I always wondered why the date had changed on HTC's site. I extracted the radio and flashed it, and it is 2.15.00.11.16. The radio (which I still had the old download) in the old version was the 2.15.00.02.17. Very interesting. I wonder if anyone else had figured that one out. LOL

The 2.15.11.16 radio sure made a difference for me. No more lock ups on data/switching to 1x, and it stays on 3G more like it supposed to. I am wondering if there will be a new radio with the 2.3 update coming soon.

I switched radios also. I had the original 2.05 and upgraded to 2.15 against advice from others but the 2.15 has been alot better on my phone. Better signal and battery.

I am wondering if there will be a new radio with the 2.3 update coming soon.

I don't think the CDMA Desire is getting a 2.3 update.

I went from 2.15 to 2.05 and then back to 2.15, not much if a signal difference. Ill stick with the latter for better battery life.

Which 2.15? The 2.05 seems to work great with my Oxygen 2.3 rom, no adverse battery life that I have noticed.

I was just looking at the USCC android update page. The Merge got the 2.3.4 update. I wonder, will the radio in that update with with the Desire? Or are they totally different radios in the two phones? Just a thought!

Here are the three radios for the USCC Desire.

The 2.05 radio link listed above gave me 2.05.10.08.11 . Everything appears to be working, though.

Here are the three radios for the USCC Desire.

The 2.05 radio link listed above gave me 2.05.10.08.11 . Everything appears to be working, though.

Sorry, I am not sure that I ever actually checked the number. It was in the txt file attached in the download that I got when Snodrog posted it earlier in this thread.

I've been trying out all of these radios for the last couple months but can't tell much difference. So I decided to go back to 2.15.00.11.16. None of the downloads that claim to be 2.15.00.11.16, actually are 2.15.00.11.16. Not sure which one, but one of them gave me 2.05.10.08.11.

Anyways, since I couldn't find it, I saw a post about how to extract it from the USCC froyo install package. I found the "radio.img" file and the "android-info.txt" file and zipped them up, naming it "pb99img.zip" I flashed it through the bootloader and got the right radio, but it apparently deleted all my data. I had to restore an earlier nandroid to get my stuff back. I got everything back and still have the correct radio.

Any ideas why I lost everything this time? Like I said before, I've flashed every other radio through the bootloader with out any data loss.