Zenzr

Root Mezmerize 2014

28 posts in this topic

I know this is a REALLY old phone, but does anyone have any idea how to root it? I used to have one like 3 or 4 years ago, but I forgot what my friend showed what to do. 

I had mine wayyyyy before I knew what root was. I just traded a few things for a decent one, and I want to play around with it. 

Man it has been a while. Still have my OG Mez rooted and running awesome sauce from John Paul and the team Heinz gang. Haven't fired it up in a long time. I think you flashed a kernel with Odin that gave you root and CwM. Then you go from there. Things were so much simpler back then. Easy root and custom romming it up. Not so much anymore.

I had my friend help me wayyyyy before I knew what he was doing lol. I am lost as the process is much different than it is now for modern Sammy phones. 

I still have mine rooted with 4.4 on it! Great phone to have as a backup. Also works as a media remote for my smart TV and plex, etc.

I still have mine rooted with 4.4 on it! Great phone to have as a backup. Also works as a media remote for my smart TV and plex, etc.

Can you help me root this one? I literally have no idea what I'm doing. 

There used to be a great Facebook group for that phone, might want to see if it's still there. They had all the files and walk throughs you would need.

I would have to see if I still have the needed files to be honest. The best post is actually it the fascinate thread over on xda. It has all the files and tells you exactly what to do and when. It gets a little tricky after you get cm7 on it because you have to flash some other stuff and the correct recovery. Check that thread first. I even had Ubuntu Touch on mine some time ago for fun.

Good point. Once you go from gingerbread to ice cream sandwich, you have to have CWM fixed for CM7. Then you have to flash TeamHackSungs ICS build to format the file system to an MTD file system. Then you can flash what you want. Also never do a *228 you have to do *238+ while on an MTD file system or you will hard brick the phone.

What ones are out for the Mesmerize? Anyone that's better than others?

Do your research, but I believe you can use a CWM for the Fascinate. But verify that before you flash it.

I remember my friend flashed some Verizon stuff before to root it, so I think that's true. 

Worst comes to worse I have stock files downloaded already. I'm no noob when it comes to rooting, but if I do brick this phone I'm out nothing since I got it for free lol. 

There is not much playing to do. There hasn't been support for almost 2 years. But it did have a couple ROMs back in it's day. I used baked blackbean or whatever it was called. And PA I think. The recoveries are the worst, because they won't flash the later ROMs.

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

Everything for the fascinate will work for the mesmerize. There are both twrp and cwm. You really just need to head over to xda and look at the fascinate thread. It is very detailed and has everything. He took a good amount of time to write it.

Here is the development thread which has PA 4.4.3 and CM 4.4.2 among many others.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/samsung-fascinate/development

Here is droidstyles guide. I can't verify all links working so you might have to dig around if the links are dead.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1238070