PsyClip-R

Electrify 2 Custom Roms

70 posts in this topic

1. Root the device
  2. Download BMM 0.3.4 from here http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJoEvA7#dir/path=%252Fyangtze
  3. Reboot to BMM -> Recovery -> Full backup to tar. (dup seems to be broken)
  4. Now follow to Flash firmware -> back-up CID
  5. After the successful backup (double check !) erase CID.
  6. Reboot
  7. Enter fastboot mode (Vol+, Vol-, Power On) and pass the following line "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (see post attachment)
  8. BMM -> Recovery -> Install zip -> XXX.zip (choose the ROM you wanna try)
  9. After the system successfully installed - check if BMM auto installed to the new system.
  10. Reboot, Wipe Dalvik, wipe cache or Factory Reset.
  11. Normal boot.

N.B. During the boot process you'll see CustomerID error msg. - just press and hold power btn for several secs.

All the available ROMs for XT881 - http://pan.baidu.com/s…#dir/path=%252Fyangtze

Currently I've tested CM4.4.2, MK4.2.2

The last one is the most stable and usable.

Alternatively if the download is slow, you might visit my DB: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qi13yetx8qgnmj8/AAA_fs6v_f03uv5_mldbN3sHa?dl=0

boot.img.zip

Edited by PsyClip-R

1. Root the device
  2. Download BMM 0.3.4 from here http://pan.baidu.com/s/1pJoEvA7#dir/path=%252Fyangtze
  3. Reboot to BMM -> Recovery -> Full backup to tar. (dup seems to be broken)
  4. Now follow to Flash firmware -> back-up CID
  5. After the successful backup (double check !) erase CID.
  6. Reboot
  7. Enter fastboot mode (Vol+, Vol-, Power On) and pass the following line "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (see post attachment)
  8. BMM -> Recovery -> Install zip -> XXX.zip (choose the ROM you wanna try)
  9. After the system successfully installed - check if BMM auto installed to the new system.
  10. Reboot, Wipe Dalvik, wipe cache or Factory Reset.
  11. Normal boot.

N.B. During the boot process you'll see CustomerID error msg. - just press and hold power btn for several secs.

All the available ROMs for XT881 - http://pan.baidu.com/s…#dir/path=%252Fyangtze

Currently I've tested CM4.4.2, MK4.2.2

The last one is the most stable and usable.

Alternatively if the download is slow, you might visit my DB: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qi13yetx8qgnmj8/AAA_fs6v_f03uv5_mldbN3sHa?dl=0

Hey #PsyClip ! I have Moto Electrify 2 Running latest official Jb 4.1.2 >..... it gets too slow when i install just a few apps :( I need A Custom rom For my device which is the most stable Of all ? and also Method for installing it an easy way thanks 

Regards 

Vicky Khan.

PsyClip-R

did u change the rom a bit? cuz mine is showing xt889 instead of xt881 and the battery icon showing 99% all the time altho i factory reset in recovery. all else is working beautifully..one smooth mokee rom..

btw i m using google now launcher and installed google keyboard..

waiting for 4.4.4 or lollipop.. :)

PsyClip-R

did u change the rom a bit? cuz mine is showing xt889 instead of xt881 and the battery icon showing 99% all the time altho i factory reset in recovery. all else is working beautifully..one smooth mokee rom..

btw i m using google now launcher and installed google keyboard..

waiting for 4.4.4 or lollipop.. :)

Hey, nope. Currently I use this rom by my own, and everything is ok. Screenshots on the top weee made on this rom yesterday

maybe its the cwm recovery version 6.0.1.6 creating the problem. it shows error mounting andriod secure etc. thus no factory reset? do u have any updated version?

Nope. Never had a problem with BMM 0.3.4 and this rom. Try to reflash it, abd be careful to chose xt881 during installation setup

Nope. If only you're not mentioning /system formatting. In that case BMM tries to install itself.

Nope. Never had a problem with BMM 0.3.4 and this rom. Try to reflash it, abd be careful to chose xt881 during installation setup

gosh, that was it. i wasnt selecting xt881, it being the only option. now getting proper model no xt881 in settings and also correct battery stats.

problem is, wifi not working in this.  =- any ideas?

thinking of restoring my previous backup of (model no xt889) and improper battery stats. hell it had no other issues besides these minor annoyances.  ::)

try this in your Terminal Emulator (on android) or fire it in adb shell

su

rm -rf /data/misc/wifi

rm -rf /data/misc/dhcp

rm -rf misc/dhcp

and after: adb reboot or reboot in another way

Edited by PsyClip-R

Strange. What's the error you get? Does it shows any AP? Ir is it simply not turning on?

so finally solved my wifi problem.

installed 4.2.2 and then the new 4.4.2 rom posted above without clearing cache or dalvik. viola)!! :)

Motorola Electrify 2 xt881 running Kit Kat 4.4.2 Mokee rom

Problems? Nada :)

post-10019-0-86773000-1420522684_thumb.p

post-10019-0-36882000-1420522698_thumb.p

post-10019-0-52703600-1420522751_thumb.p

post-10019-0-42853500-1420522758_thumb.p

post-10019-0-67967500-1420522772_thumb.p

post-10019-0-00905300-1420522789_thumb.p

Edited by TronUser

I am also having the same problem plz upload all roms of xt881 because the links u provided are not working anymore and the mokee rom have the wifi problem ... Plz Do Me The Favour i Will Be Very Thankful To U 

ThAnk U So Much Plz Give Me The Proper Procedure For Flashing These Roms and The Boot Menu Manager Which i Installed From 1mobile market is Ok Or Else i Should Have To Install From This Apk ? Or The Motopocalypse Apk Working For Electrify 2 ? 

ThAnk U So Much Plz Give Me The Proper Procedure For Flashing These Roms and The Boot Menu Manager Which i Installed From 1mobile market is Ok Or Else i Should Have To Install From This Apk ? Or The Motopocalypse Apk Working For Electrify 2 ? 

Read the OP - it tells you.

Yes i Have Flashed The Rom First Tried To Flash Cynogen But Ended Up With An Error Saying Installation Aborted But Then Flashed Bean Kat Rom And Then Mokee And Now My Wifi Is Working :) ThAnkx A Lot Pyscho-R :)

Hello everyone!

I was finding installation procedure for them finally I have got it.

And I have also tested slimkat rom that is working. Anyone intrested so I continue my message.

Sorry for Bad English.