ibanezcandy

Nexus 6 Finally on U.S. Cellular!

That's been asked about every nexus.

UPDATED* - see end of post*

99.97% - No.
00.02% - Probably not
00.01% - Maybe.

As bad as I want it, I'd trade all the iPhone and Samsung phones they every carried so they could carry the nexus line.

Its just so unlikely that unless they announce it, its just known that its not going to happen.

Update:

Evidently we are getting it, do a happy dance, we finally got it.  Kudos USCC.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

That's been asked about every nexus.

99.97% - No.

00.02% - Probably not

00.01% - Maybe.

As bad as I want it, I'd trade all the iPhone and Samsung phones they every carried so they could carry the nexus line.

Its just so unlikely that unless they announce it, its just known that its not going to happen.

Which is a shame!

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

That I also kinda agree with. That's pretty meaty for a phone. Lol.

Idk if I'd want it to be much bigger than the S5, maybe a higher PPI screen, even tho I can't see it, but any bigger and Idk if I would really like it

You must be used to gripping an average sized object, eh!?

I'm kidding zenz. You know I love you.

(I could NOT resist that opportunity. Please don't take it personally - a 6" screen would probably be too big for my taste so...I suppose jokes on me...)

No.

I have literally 0 hope that USCC will ever carry the nexus line.

If they do I'll eat my own shoes. Dog poop and all. That's how confident I am that it won't happen.

Don't take my lack of faith as dislike, because if they DID get it, I'd record myself doing it WITH that nexus on day one of launch.

(Disclaimer: I will most likely never actually eat my shoes, but I'd probably do a cartwheel in a speedo in celebration)

I have seen US Cellular reps on their Facebook page state that they were working on allowing other carriers devices on their network.

pretty sure I posted a direct quote here somewhere.

if this happens and a Nexus 6 can be activated through them, does this qualify for a cartwheel in your speedo?

You know what... Yes.

If that happens, and if you REALLY wanna see me do that *that* bad, I'd sign it in blood. No hesitation.

I wouldn't really feel like another carriers Nexus on USCC would be as good as a USCC nexus on USCC (much the same way unlocking USCC phones to use on GSM networks, it just isn't going to be as good) - that would depend on whether it actually worked as well as it should - as good as any other USCC phone on USCC.

Is that fair?

I feel dirty having agreed to that. Even with the stipulation.

I might be the only one but I wouldn't get a nexus unless they upped the battery life. I like the software on them but after reading the horror stories about how bad the battery has been on past nexus phones, I'll have to pass.

...I'm OK with that. I'm OK with the battery life being less than that of my S5, its the OS I want more than battery life.

Idk. Why you gotta make me question my ideas!? Now I'm hoping I don't end up being a fool!

...I'm OK with that. I'm OK with the battery life being less than that of my S5, its the OS I want more than battery life.

Idk. Why you gotta make me question my ideas!? Now I'm hoping I don't end up being a fool!

If it come with quick charge capability...well that would be awesome

I'm with you guys as well. I would like to see USCC with a Nexus. The question I would have then: would USCC keep the OS as open as the other carriers? Or would they put their own stuff in the base ROM? Granted if it's a Nexus, it should be easy to root it to be able to remove the other stuff, but it would be nicer if I didn't have to do it.

My only/main rationalization for how USCC might get future Nexus...er...Nexi, Nexuses...what's the plural of Nexus?

Anyway, I digress.

With USCC being part of the CCA, and Sprint being part of the CCA, and Sprint having carried the Nexus, and...well, you see where I'm going with this. A main purpose for the CCA is to allow smaller carriers (eg USCC) access to more competitive pricing on phones, along with opening up more wireless bands to said phones to reduce the impact (cost) of manufacturing multiple phones for multiple frequencies.

I would have to assume a Nexus made for Sprint will have the necessary bands to work on USCC's network for no other reason than roaming. From a business 101 (see also: dunce-cap) standpoint, if you already have a device which will work on a carrier with very limited adjustments and potential dividends in new/renewed customers, why not sell it?

I'm sure I'm missing a huge chunk of the wireless supply-chain here. But, darn it, it's my fantasy and I'll justify how I can hook-up with Scarlet Johansson...I mean, US Cell getting a Nexus, however I want! 

Rant over.
RANT_OVER.gif