ibanezcandy

Nexus 6 Finally on U.S. Cellular!

Nexus 52 will be nice for watching movies. I can't wait.

Except I'll need to carry around a generator with my 52"phone. It's OK, I'm a big guy.

Edited by HikingMoose

Do nexus phones support usb OTG cables?

I'm pretty sure they have in the past
All android does. :)

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

So question for you all, is the only benefit buying the nexus 6 off contract is....no contract? Still trying to decide on this or the g3.....i dont like the 6 inch phone idea but am all for AOSP

Buying off contract will just get you no contract. It's not like buying the unlocked GSM version where you would get the software updates more quickly because you don't rely on the carrier to push them out. Since we have a CDMA version, I believe it still requires USCC to push it out via OTA.

I think its the same nexus 6. I know the N5 has both cmda and gsm built in. No carriers will get push otas its all google. Only models are us and EU versions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've wanted a nexus since i got my first Android and rooted it. But this is too big for me. The note series phones are huge in my hands. But props to uscc for getting a nexus.

Sent from my SM-G900R4

Nexus 52 will be nice for watching movies. I can't wait.

Except I'll need to carry around a generator with my 52"phone. It's OK, I'm a big guy.

Edited by dBuster

In 2011-2012, Verizon screwed up the Galaxy Nexus by loading bloat and not having timely updates. Lots of frustration by Verizon Nexus owners. That was then/that was Verizon – this is now and this is USCC.

Given USCC’s track records in supporting smartphones after the sale (loading bloat, not providing timely or any updates after about the first three months), Sadly, I’m reluctant in having another smartphone phone with them.

USCC seemingly abandoned supporting the Electrify M (it’s been waiting for the 4.4 update promised by Motorola for just shy of a year now). It appears that the original 2013 Moto X may be in the same boat (waiting for 4.4.4 for months, even though all other carriers have already got it). If having a well-supported smartphone is important to you, USCC may not be the best carrier for you.

Google may have a different approach this time around for managing the carriers and how they support the Nexus. PhoneArena discusses some of the challenges Google and Verizon had in the past (given that they are also a CDMA carrier like USCC) and thinks Google has better assurance from Verizon that this won’t happen again.

Perhaps the safest bet in ensuring timely updates is to get an unlocked GSM phone and run it on a GSM carrier.

This is great news for USCC customers.  Honestly, I really, really want a Nexus, but I'm just really unsure about the size of the Nexus 6.  I think I'm just going to stick with the G3.  Hopefully this means that USCC will be getting more Nexus options in the future.  Maybe my next phone will be a Nexus.  Never thought I'd get to say that while a USCC customer :)

Edited by Indie

Does anyone know if USCC is going to offer the Nexus 9 LTE?

As far as I can tell from researching the LTE bands that the Nexus 9 are compatible with. It seems to be that the Nexus tablet will be compatible with US Cellular. It was stated that it is in a post on Android Police or Android authority I'm not sure where I saw it but it was posted.

Good to know, so maybe I can have 2 Nexus's. There is a god...

F yea nexus 6 for new phone for me next month then a nexus 9 for me for Christmas

Agreed Brokenoger.  I was not expecting MKBHD to say USCC even though they are offering it.  Figured he'd mention the big 4 and leave it at that.