ibanezcandy

Nexus 6 Finally on U.S. Cellular!

Why in God's name does it take so freaking long to do a Factory Reset on a freshly flashed to stock device with an empty storage partition?? Why?? WHY?

Haha shouldn't be on stock anyways

Why in God's name does it take so freaking long to do a Factory Reset on a freshly flashed to stock device with an empty storage partition?? Why?? WHY?

Had to go back to stock so I could finally try to decrypt again before updating Validus

Why in God's name does it take so freaking long to do a Factory Reset on a freshly flashed to stock device with an empty storage partition?? Why?? WHY??

Had to go back to stock so I could finally try to decrypt again before updating Validus

You don't need to go back to stock to decrypt I don't think. Just flash the modified boot img. Not sure though as I haven't tried. 

Edited by Zenzr

You don't need to go back to stock to decrypt I don't think. Just flash the modified boot img. Not sure though as I haven't tried. 

I tried, you do. You have to be on 5.0 or 5.01 stock. It doesn't recognize any other Version

I tried, you do. You have to be on 5.0 or 5.01 stock. It doesn't recognize any other Version
You can be on any ROM to decrypt. Just make sure you have a kernel that doesn't force encryption like Franco or lean. Go into recovery and format data and you will be decrypted.

If my Nexus X is asleep, when I receive a call it will only ring for a second or two in a very crackled and weird way, causing me to miss many calls. I've had it for a couple months and this has always been happening. Apparently Sprint Nexus 6 users are having a very similar issue but I've never heard of this issue on US Cellular. Any ideas?

If my Nexus X is asleep, when I receive a call it will only ring for a second or two in a very crackled and weird way, causing me to miss many calls. I've had it for a couple months and this has always been happening. Apparently Sprint Nexus 6 users are having a very similar issue but I've never heard of this issue on US Cellular. Any ideas?

Since all of the roms are the same for this device, I would assume that it is an issue with all of the carriers, or maybe its just an issue for cdma carriers. Ive had this issue too but not that big of a deal for me as I'm on silent mode 90% of the time. Maybe someone else here can chime in if they've found a fix for it. 

I can't wait for them to add in a legitimate silent mode (not this no notification mode) I think they were adding back in 5.2. I know that's a fair ways off, but I was reading through some changes the other day. 

I can't wait for them to add in a legitimate silent mode (not this no notification mode) I think they were adding back in 5.2. I know that's a fair ways off, but I was reading through some changes the other day.

Would be nice to have a true silence or mute! That I think is the biggest downfall of lp

I could be wrong but I heard that it was coming back in 5.1 which will be much appreciated by me as during school I like my phone to be silent and have all my notifications come through my pebble

It is confirmed that it's coming with 5.1...I believe some of the Android One devices already have 5.1 in India and they have a silent mode. 

The rumors were that 5.1 would be released sometime in February, so hopefully it gets here soon since it's also supposed to have some other bug fixes and battery improvements. 

How's it look? I just applied a Slickwraps real leather skin. I must say, it feels much better than the stock back and the carbon fiber skin I had on before.

fa6338b25cab2fe012f8cc3d849df51f.jpg

91db35f71d6759004b0a890b3b076649.jpg

c02700953a4bd150f7e9c3e10d10fc09.jpg

Would be nice to have a true silence or mute! That I think is the biggest downfall of lp

Are you guys still looking for something to silence you phone? I used an app called RealSilent in the past on my Galaxy S3. I didn't figure it would work on my nexus, but just installed it and it works fine. When you use the volume key to mute it, it also automatically mutes the media volume. When you turn the volume back up it returns the media back. No permissions needed which is always good.

Don't know if that's the true silence you are looking for, but its what I need. Maybe I've missed a native function of 5.1.1. If I am, feel free to point it out.

Are you guys still looking for something to silence you phone? I used an app called RealSilent in the past on my Galaxy S3. I didn't figure it would work on my nexus, but just installed it and it works fine. When you use the volume key to mute it, it also automatically mutes the media volume. When you turn the volume back up it returns the media back. No permissions needed which is always good.

Don't know if that's the true silence you are looking for, but its what I need. Maybe I've missed a native function of 5.1.1. If I am, feel free to point it out.

I've been using an Xposed mod that basically does the very same thing, except it doesn't touch the alarm volume. It works great for me. 

Do you have a link for this app? I am not finding it on the play store. Googling for it now.

People. USCC and Verizon and all the rest of the CDMA carriers are  now exiting the two radio phone setups which are unique to them and going towards single radio setups which basically the rest of the world and ATT / Tmobile use. Sprint moved to single radio devices last year with the launch of their "Spark" devices. 

This is still relevant today..

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

eCSFB Gap Talking Points

Sprint’s Network Vision Plan (Spectrum)

• Sprint’s Network Vision plan includes access to three spectrum bands, (1.9, 800 and 2.5), and LTE handsets with a single radio.
  • Access to diverse spectrum assets allows Sprint to maximize capacity and coverage.

Current Sprint LTE Devices (2 Radios)

• Current Sprint LTE devices are Simultaneous Voice and LTE (SVLTE)—using two radios, one for voice and one for LTE data. This allows CDMA calls and LTE to operate at the same time.
  • Dual Radio SVLTE devices can degrade the user’s quality of experience – two antennas may slow throughput at the cell edge and reduce battery life.

Future Sprint LTE Devices (1 Radio)

• CSFB and eCSFB (Circuit Switch Fall Back and enhanced Circuit Switch Fall Back) are features that enable single radio functionality in the handset.
  • eCSFB Benefits:
  • With eCSFB implementation, Sprint will be able to offer fast LTE data speeds and 3G voice supported on single radio devices. This provides a more cost effective option for Sprint’s long-term business plans to support additional spectrum bands.
  • eCSFB is expected to improve handset battery life compared to SVLTE.

• Basically the implementation of  eCSFB / CSFB  and single radio phones is the required step for VoLTE and LTE roaming for CDMA carriers. With Verizon exiting the CDMA ecosystem in a year or two and Sprint already on the single radio eCSFB setup, USCC and small carriers are now following suite. 

SVLTE will not return until VoLTE is implemented. 

SVLTE.jpg

W-CDMA (HSPA) natively supports voice and data at the same time while CDMA Rev A and 1x does not. 

Realized today that I'm not getting data when I'm on a call. 4G is fine but once I dial a call up I lose all data. No 4G, no 3G. I'm on U.S. Cellular but I've been monkeying around with Fi switching back and forth as well as several custom ROMs.

I guess first I need to know whether I should be able to get simultaneous voice and 4G (or voice and 3G).

If so I would like to know what I can check or do to get it back.

TIA.

People. USCC and Verizon and all the rest of the CDMA carriers are now exiting the two radio phone setups which are unique to them and going towards single radio setups which basically the rest of the world and ATT / Tmobile use. Sprint moved to single radio devices last year with the launch of their "Spark" devices.

This is still relevant today..

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-357-nexus-5-and-lg-g2-experience-temporary-sprint-lte-connectivity-issues-due-to-circuit-switched-fallback-technology/

eCSFB Gap Talking Points

Sprint’s Network Vision Plan (Spectrum)

• Sprint’s Network Vision plan includes access to three spectrum bands, (1.9, 800 and 2.5), and LTE handsets with a single radio.
  • Access to diverse spectrum assets allows Sprint to maximize capacity and coverage.
Current Sprint LTE Devices (2 Radios)
  • Current Sprint LTE devices are Simultaneous Voice and LTE (SVLTE)—using two radios, one for voice and one for LTE data. This allows CDMA calls and LTE to operate at the same time.
  • Dual Radio SVLTE devices can degrade the user’s quality of experience – two antennas may slow throughput at the cell edge and reduce battery life.
Future Sprint LTE Devices (1 Radio)
  • CSFB and eCSFB (Circuit Switch Fall Back and enhanced Circuit Switch Fall Back) are features that enable single radio functionality in the handset.
  • eCSFB Benefits:
  • With eCSFB implementation, Sprint will be able to offer fast LTE data speeds and 3G voice supported on single radio devices. This provides a more cost effective option for Sprint’s long-term business plans to support additional spectrum bands.
  • eCSFB is expected to improve handset battery life compared to SVLTE.
  • Basically the implementation of eCSFB / CSFB and single radio phones is the required step for VoLTE and LTE roaming for CDMA carriers. With Verizon exiting the CDMA ecosystem in a year or two and Sprint already on the single radio eCSFB setup, USCC and small carriers are now following suite.
SVLTE will not return until VoLTE is implemented.

SVLTE.jpg

W-CDMA (HSPA) natively supports voice and data at the same time while CDMA Rev A and 1x does not.

Realized today that I'm not getting data when I'm on a call. 4G is fine but once I dial a call up I lose all data. No 4G, no 3G. I'm on U.S. Cellular but I've been monkeying around with Fi switching back and forth as well as several custom ROMs.

I guess first I need to know whether I should be able to get simultaneous voice and 4G (or voice and 3G).

If so I would like to know what I can check or do to get it back.

TIA.

Can't do voice+data, only voice+wifi