kobester

Android lollipop coming to moto x

I bet it'll happen.  Why do a 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 AND 5.0 release all within a year?  That's definitely not their style.  But this'll be too big for them to overlook.

Motorola has will be updated to 4.4.4 for the US Cellular model. Click any other carrier is described as rolling out as of____date. Makes me wonder if they are still just pushing kit kat to us with no timeline for 5.0?

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

They are still probably trying to figure it how to get more bloat in the update. That is why uscc hasn't let the updates out..

Probably.

I'd be willing to put $ on it.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Money on it that they'll muck it up? Weren't we one of the first to get 4.4 (or 4.4.2?)? Then disappear! 5.0 is just too big a deal, they almost will have to get going on it. I'll be throwing a fit about it if they don't, and I'm usually not one to get worked up about updates. 

Probably.

Money on it that they'll muck it up? Weren't we one of the first to get 4.4 (or 4.4.2?)? Then disappear! 5.0 is just too big a deal, they almost will have to get going on it. I'll be throwing a fit about it if they don't, and I'm usually not one to get worked up about updates. 

That was back when it was a flagship for Motorola. You do have to remember they also were also supposed to push out an update to the Electrify M for 4.4 and still haven't done that.

Edited by kobester

Until it comes, I'll just pretend by side loading apk's. Material design on Now / Search looks nice.

Probably.

That was back when it was a flagship for Motorola. You do have to remember they also were also supposed to push out an update to the Electrify M for 4.4 and still haven't done that.

Is that deal finalized? I though Google still technically owned Motorola??

Not yet. The deal isn't set to close until at least the end of the year. 

I'm pretty sure it's already done. Maybe not "officially" but for all intents and purposes it's a Lenovo company. 

"All intents and purposes"

First time in a dogs age I've seen that typed correctly - I've see it written as "intensive purposes" - which...WHAT!?

have a like for knowing the English language.

Ok thanks. :)

I was under the assumption that all the other carriers had it already...guess that assumption was wrong? I thought it had been out a while now.

Edited by soulweeper

No, that's a fair assumption, the GSM carriers generally get it ahead of everyone else - then sprint, vxw, and USCC release it at some time afterwords.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I don't want to guess. Truthfully I have no idea at all - it would be a big roll of the dice for me to put a date on it - BUT - it makes sense that it would be Jan-Feb as moto tense to update along with the latest devices (as per usual) so early Feb would be my "latest" guess.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Has Motorola begun the soak tests yet? Anyone know? I am sure a member here is signed up and can say yes they are soaking or not. That would not be divulging anything against the agreement when you sign up to soak test

Has Motorola begun the soak tests yet? Anyone know? I am sure a member here is signed up and can say yes they are soaking or not. That would not be divulging anything against the agreement when you sign up to soak test

Nothing.

As far as I know, no other carrier has received any soak test invites either.  I haven't seen anything about any carrier's Moto X 2013 getting a soak test...All is quiet.  If I had to guess, since Android 5.0 is up to 5.0.2, they're trying to work out the bugs, so if this version will "stick" for a few months, then maybe we'll see something.

Edited by RMarkwald