kobester

Android lollipop coming to moto x

5.0 is fine on modern devices. Runs great on my wife's 2013 Nexus 7, and my HTC One M8. GPE FTW. I'm sure the 2013 Moto X can handle it.

Depends on what you call modern. I wouldn't call a 2013 device modern, it is two years old. So it will run on an antique also....

Some devices it works others it just doesn't.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Finally found the reason for the delay for the 2013 X: The chipset is causing issues. It was confirmed today in a official tweet from Motorola (surprisingly).

https://twitter.com/MotorolaSupport/status/563349190622085121

"Moto X (1st Gen) will get L, but chipset requires more effort. We're working to deliver satisfactory experience, performance."

As long as it doesn't perform like my nexus does now it might be worth the wait. If it is a fat bastard like my now paper weight nexus 7 then I will be pissed!

It is so bad on my 2012 nexus 7 that I am about to downgrade the thing to get a usable tablet back.

As long as it doesn't perform like my nexus does now it might be worth the wait. If it is a fat bastard like my now paper weight nexus 7 then I will be pissed!

It is so bad on my 2012 nexus 7 that I am about to downgrade the thing to get a usable tablet back.

Did you disable everything having to do with location services? Once I turned that off, the tablet was usable again. It wasn't 100%, and I still go "oh crap" if I click on something wrong, but it's usable. I wish they would release another Nexus 7 tablet (like 2015), because I like that form factor.

Did you disable everything having to do with location services? Once I turned that off, the tablet was usable again. It wasn't 100%, and I still go "oh crap" if I click on something wrong, but it's usable. I wish they would release another Nexus 7 tablet (like 2015), because I like that form factor.
Yes sir all location stuff is of, animations set to zero delay... Found on the nexus forum a link with settings that some have said help. I can use my tablet but end up force closing pretty much every app I open. The launcher even crashes!

Finally found the reason for the delay for the 2013 X: The chipset is causing issues. It was confirmed today in a official tweet from Motorola (surprisingly).

"Moto X (1st Gen) will get L, but chipset requires more effort. We're working to deliver satisfactory experience, performance."

Maybe I'm just showing my naivete, but why would Moto with i assume a team of professionals have so many issues with the phone whereas a bunch of unpaid people in the spare time on XDA & here have functional (albeit not perfect) builds of L. I know Moto can't release an OTA with stuff like phone speaker not working, but that's their job to figure that out.  

Maybe I'm just showing my naivete, but why would Moto with i assume a team of professionals have so many issues with the phone whereas a bunch of unpaid people in the spare time on XDA & here have functional (albeit not perfect) builds of L. I know Moto can't release an OTA with stuff like phone speaker not working, but that's their job to figure that out.  

They need to make sure all of their Moto apps/services work correctly with it.  Dev teams like CM are only building stock Android without proprietary apps like Active Display, Camera, etc...

Plus once they get all of that ironed out, they have to make sure that the upgrade process from 4.4.2 to 5.0.x will not cause issues either.  I assume that a Soak Test can determine this outside of a lab environment.

My phone just updated an app...  I know wahoo!!  Big deal... 

it was the Motorola Update Services - the WHATS NEW says:  "This update is necessary to enable a future upgrade of your device to AndroidTM 5.0.  Lollipop."

this is promising????  

Nothing here yet... Hoping they wait and take us right to 5.1 instead of 5.0.2!!

Moto posted on G+ the other night that 5.1 isn't being worked on, yet, but they'd let us know if anything changes. 

Mike, stay on KitKat for as long as you can!!!!  I take it you didn't sign up to be a tester?

I am a tester waiting on more info from motorola, that is if I am selected...  I signed up and did the survey and now it is a waiting game as they make their selections...  I just hope if I am a tester that LP doesn't hose up my phone like it did my nexus 7 until I got 5.1

Moto software developer posted on G+ that we'll be going straight to 5.1. Some good news, hopefully it's soon.

Yea 5.0.2 isn't too bad. Some have issues but others not to many. Know Moto assist with lollipoop is garbage for meetings as there is no mute with lollipoop. Me I see the restrict background data settings not working what so ever which sucks. Then I seem to have a one off 1st gen x that when leaving some apps or the settings I have to double tap home to get to the home screen.

Maybe I have said to much.. ;)

Another promise... hopefully they deliver on this one. Though those of us with the Electrify remember when it was ICS they were promising and what became of that. Anyway, I was hoping maybe this topic would be jumping with insider stuff... Anybody who can say anything, wanna say anything? ;)