iR1O

LG G3 Root Guide

I have the usb that came with the phone. so 1/3 down, i have the lgflashtool. 2/3 down, downloading the kdz now. i deleted the ToT / Dll files i did have cause as i said in other post i used the ls990 stuff. Well once its done. Were do i put the kdz file when i open the lgflash tool. When i open it now it says "wrong DLL file" when i click ok it brings me to the Model Config page.

You only need the tool, KDZ, and drivers (if you don't already)

I had a LOT of trouble with mine last week, the tool just WOULD NOT flash the KDZ - then I tried a USB 2.0 port (who uses these over 3.0...really?) Then it worked.

Idk why but LG and USB 3.0 don't play well.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ok, so when i started the lg flash tool and follow your pictures in the kdz thread. It would load up on the computer when started and eventually say it was disconnected to turn off phone and do it again. however once that window came up the phone started with the download. it than would eventually stop at 49%. still in a bootloop, except now its doing the LG' Life's good screen to the green android with a thing in its hand. than shutting off an rebooting or going one page further to the white us cellular logo screen than rebooting.

Hello I used old method in this post to root phone back when I got the phone over a year ago. I am still using android 4.4.2 and I want to unroot phone. Can I do that buy using SuperSU and hit Full unroot in settings?

That will remove supersu but you will still have custom recovery - and you won't be able to taken an OTA update.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

Ok. I want to be able to do the OTA. I have tried using the unroot method listed after root guide, LG pc suite won't find device.  How can I get this thing back to stock and get the OTA update?

Zoodski I tried method in link it will not work . Can't get it to connect to phone. You think the method in your last post will work for me? Any write ups on how to do it? Thanks.

Did you try it even though it didn't see your phone? If I remember right it didn't see mine either but it still worked. It was 6+ months ago when I did it so I'm a little fuzzy.

The way I referenced in my last post will wipe your phone. I would only do that as a last resort.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Necro post I know.....LOL ;D BUT...

Being That I recently had to return to my G3 for a while, just in case anyone else is still using one and wants root, the "NEW METHOD (5.0 Lollipop)" works beautifully ;D;D