MyG3

G3 lag/delay

Does anyone else notice a lag/delay with this beast?  For me it's not horrible, but the delay is noticeable.   For example, opening up the app manager or battery monitor in the settings menu takes about a full second to launch after the screen touch.  Maybe I'm expecting too much, but I expected a more fluid experience with these specs.   I'm coming from a 2013 Moto X, which seems to have noticeably quicker response time.  Maybe it's just the LG UI compared to the more vanilla Moto X UI?  

Coming from use on the G3 (verizon) it did have some lag at first, mainly due to verizon loading all their crapware into it. 

I can tell you good news though, I recently flashed a rom called "Cloudy Rom" on it that was fully stripped of verizon/bloatware, tweaks to help with speed/battery and now in ART mode, this phone is a BEAST.

I have been experiencing battery life times of at least 30hours per charge, standard use screen 13%, android os at 72%, phone idle at 2%. No studders in going to apps and such. Knock code responds much quicker and correctly than stock as well.

This phone has high potential in it after all this bloatware and tweaks have been removed/added. So don't give up on this phone yet :-P

From XDA:

This works, been running this way for a few days - it's better than it was.

1. Again enter hidden menu according to your device model number
2. Select Thermal Daemon Mitigation OFF
3. Turn it ON
4. Turn OFF your G3.
5. Wait for around 30sec
6. Turn it on and after lock screen appears unlock it
7. Wait for at least 60sec more for G3 to finish sync and stuff
8. BOOM much more fluid and much faster G3

... BUT... Now that you have activated Thermal DAE you display will not lower screen brightness anymore. So if you put it to 90% it will stay 90%,if you put it to 100% it will stay there (be caution at 100%,test it)... I put mine to 80-90%,and never had G3 hot or misbehave strangely while playing games,recording 4k video,shooting pictures... Just one thing I noticed... IT IS BLAZING FAST smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif Also you can test it after Clean Master clean up like by Antutu and see test results.

Thanks for the info.   I wasn't thinking of trading it in for the 2014 Moto due to this, but was hesitant  because of the limited storage and camera.   Think I'll stick with my G3.

From XDA:

This works, been running this way for a few days - it's better than it was.

1. Again enter hidden menu according to your device model number

2. Select Thermal Daemon Mitigation OFF

3. Turn it ON

4. Turn OFF your G3.

5. Wait for around 30sec

6. Turn it on and after lock screen appears unlock it

7. Wait for at least 60sec more for G3 to finish sync and stuff

8. BOOM much more fluid and much faster G3

... BUT... Now that you have activated Thermal DAE you display will not lower screen brightness anymore. So if you put it to 90% it will stay 90%,if you put it to 100% it will stay there (be caution at 100%,test it)... I put mine to 80-90%,and never had G3 hot or misbehave strangely while playing games,recording 4k video,shooting pictures... Just one thing I noticed... IT IS BLAZING FAST smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif Also you can test it after Clean Master clean up like by Antutu and see test results.

So, I did this and now when I go to the hidden menu or says of pin the main screen, but written I clock pin it it says enabled... How do I know off its working for sure? My auto brightness seems to be working still...

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk