The stock odin files?

What do you mean?

Most of what he posts are roms and mods for said roms - he may have a few stock files and debloaters, but the stock files are usually in the "stock files" thread.

How do I go about updating the SU binaries?  When I launch the app, it just asks me if I want it to try and disable knox (which makes it think forever and seems to bork the app).  I see no options for updating anything.

Let it disable Knox, start it - let it do its thinking for a couple minutes, open a root required app and grant it - that seems to kick it into working.

If you use one of the newest versions it may not even need updating.

But it hangs on me too. I just go about my business while it runs and reboot after a while, seems to work just fine.

Sent from my LGUS990

I wonder if WT has an updated deknox script at all. I know there's one for the S4, but not sure about the Note. 

Does anybody know of a root method that doesn't trip knox? I've searched and searched the interwebz...

How about a prognosis on it?  I know what's its tripped its like Humpty-Dumpty but maybe a root that goes around that wall?

Did you try the one click roots?

They don't trip Knox I don't think.

I wouldn't worry too much about tripping it because it doesn't really seem to matter for defect and warranty needs.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I haven't seen any that won't. I think we've pretty much come to find that tripping Knox doesn't really matter anyway. Folks have returned many Samsung devices with Knox tripped and I've never heard of it being an issue.

Sent from my SM-N910R4

I'm also looking for a knox safe root. Every one says there aren't any warranty issues with it but with my luck they will try and deny me. I rather be safe than sorry. I need root so I will have to trip it unless a knox free root comes in the next day or two.

I understand that tripping Knox will likely not void your warranty. Heck, I returned my first Note 4 after unrooting it with Knox tripped and they didn't give it a second glance. I didn't realize at the time of root that it would trip Knox and now that I've got a Note 4 off of CL without Knox tripped I'm reluctant to do anything to customize my phone that can't be undone.  I am unwilling to attempt predict the future.

Has anybody heard of any work in this area?  Point me to a thread I can follow somewhere?

I understand that tripping Knox will likely not void your warranty. Heck, I returned my first Note 4 after unrooting it with Knox tripped and they didn't give it a second glance. I didn't realize at the time of root that it would trip Knox and now that I've got a Note 4 off of CL without Knox tripped I'm reluctant to do anything to customize my phone that can't be undone.  I am unwilling to attempt predict the future.

Has anybody heard of any work in this area?  Point me to a thread I can follow somewhere?

Knox tripped devices have been returned no problem. That isn't a 100% guarantee though. 

Most (If not all) of the one click roots pretty much don't work I think. But let's hope someone has an answer. 

Edited by Zenzr

Wasn't my question. If you reread my post you'll see I stated that I've already returned a knox tripped device.

My question was if anyone knows of any current root methods which don't trip Knox or of anyone working on developing a root method that doesn't trip Knox.

The truth is its been around so long with only towelroot working to not trip Knox, that we doubt that unless they make one for this device, you won't see it. Even then you can't install custom recovery and therefore no other roms.

Sent from my SM-N910R4

Your question has been asked several times - what doesn't trip Knox? The one click methods - as always - they usually don't.

Problem is that they're very rarely available for new devices or new firmware - and since our variant *can* be structured differently they may still not work. (Prime example would be the N4 or G3, worked for other carriers initially - not ours)

But that's how its always been. One click methods are normally the only way to root without tripping Knox. - *usually* it just depends. There's no harm in trying them since if they don't work they just don't do anything.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I hear about Knox and that it voids the device warranty if tripped? Is that right? Is that all it does? I mean, I have never once used a device warranty. Ever. It also seems as if competition between mobile carriers is stiff enough that they would rather honor the warranty on an older, nearly obsolete device than to break your nads over it and lose your money forever. Beyond that, the poorly compensated employee you deal with can't be too personally invested in what you've done with your phone for it to matter. It just seems like if you want to root your device, worrying about the warranty is a bit useless.

I hear about Knox and that it voids the device warranty if tripped? Is that right? Is that all it does? I mean, I have never once used a device warranty. Ever. It also seems as if competition between mobile carriers is stiff enough that they would rather honor the warranty on an older, nearly obsolete device than to break your nads over it and lose your money forever. Beyond that, the poorly compensated employee you deal with can't be too personally invested in what you've done with your phone for it to matter. It just seems like if you want to root your device, worrying about the warranty is a bit useless.

There shouldn't be any way you have a warranty on a Note 4 anyway. It's a 3 almost 4 year old device.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk