Sign in to follow this  
Starblazer

charging port repair

Good evening,

My charging port is starting to act flaky.  I have to do the "USB port shimmy" to get the device to charge.  Any suggestions on repair?  I haven't gone to the store yet for obvious reasons (rooted... unlocked bootloader....)

Those things shouldn't matter at all for repair.

If they say it does (don't tell them unless they ask) ask why it matters for a hardware repair?

Then watch them not have an answer - that's my thinking.

Sent from my LGUS990

Well, considering it's been over a year since I bought it...  so it'd be out of warranty repair and from other threads...... bend over.

I just went into device setup and checked the activation date to try to argue "well, it's been in the box and just activated"... when I bought it the sales associate #228'd it and it set the date :/.. 

Edited by Starblazer

Yeah. My idea is hit up ebay and save yourself the money and trouble! Are you not eligible for an upgrade yet? Isn't that a 3 year old phone?

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

No harm no foul bud. Just felt good to know something others didn't. Lol. I only know because I asked to soeak with a tech last summer about my Note.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Well they might have stopped it but if you find the right person they will help you i tokk mine into a center and the lady took it out back and after she gave it back to me it workrd she siad the prt was very dirty

To answer some Questions, yes, I'm eligible... but I don't like being under a contract and this phone has been a tank for me other than this issue.  I also like the fact that it can still do both LTE and voice at the same time (The X can't).  

While I could get a Sammy and put a new rom on in, I prefer the "light touch" of just rooting stock and removing crap.  I'm holding out for the Nexus as long as it has all the GSM frequencies according to gsmarena and I can figure out a way to get the GSM unlocked so when I travel abroad I can just throw my Tmo sim in it.