Sign in to follow this  
pratul_09

WiFi won't turn on

Hi,

I was trying to update my electrify m to MoKee custom rom and was in a process of taking backups which went fine. After updating to a custom recovery and custom rom WiFi would just not turn on. I tried to update it and it would just grey out. I tried to see the advanced and nothing showed up in WiFi mac address. I tried to revert it back to Motorola JB firmware, but still the same problem

Does this mean that my WiFi is dead or is it a software issue which can be rectified. Please advise.

Thanks!

I have the same problem with my M and I am on a stock rom had it checked and they said it was the data switch something to think about it might not be the custom rom also what Rub has told you to do does work 60% of the time 

Thanks for a reply. 

Have you tried rebooting a few times to see if it comes back?

Sent from my LGUS990

yes i have tried rebooting more than 10 times and still wifi would not turn on.

I have the same problem with my M and I am on a stock rom had it checked and they said it was the data switch something to think about it might not be the custom rom also what Rub has told you to do does work 60% of the time 

Can you please guide me on this. if there is something that can be done to check if it is turned off due to some other app or so.

I can not guide you i let mine come back on by itself it does seem to hold more steady by using wifi now the app from USCC and i also switch my mobile data from LTE/CDMA to CDMA and let it roam automatically and this seems to keep me connected 

I can not guide you i let mine come back on by itself it does seem to hold more steady by using wifi now the app from USCC and i also switch my mobile data from LTE/CDMA to CDMA and let it roam automatically and this seems to keep me connected 

ok, as advised i will wait for this to be fixed on its own rather than send it to service. Thanks for your time and guidance

please do not wait for to long what works on mine because of a faulty data switch might not help your case out I can also tell you when you use a custom rom with CM as part of it when you go back to stock or any rom not involved with CM the notification light will not work when you plug your phone into charge  apparently no one has foud a fix for this problem