mushroom 99

data roaming deal

LTE roaming can and is perhaps different than a general data "roaming" deal. Maybe they'll merge with Sprint? :)

Or I'll just go to VZW.

So their coverage will expand GREATLY, but our coverage will expand to the coasts and interstate system? (which is already covered...for roaming...)

Why do I get the feeling that USCC got kinda effed in this deal?  

Does this just mean that it wont throttle or what?

Well, speaking as someone who travels to the coast (and places like Chicago) on a regular basis, I'd be happy having a roaming partner with any of the big 4 which would give us LTE outside the Mid-West. 

I can't speak to the throttling/capping at 200 mb, but I assume ATT wouldn't want that to be the case for their customers who roam onto USCC, so I would hope that mentality would go both ways. 

I won't be happy having At&t and Tmobile customers sucking bandwidth off the US Cellular towers in rural WI..lol

It would be killer. There's plenty of bandwidth for all. I hope this deal goes through. It's gonna give so much better coverage for everyone!

I'm just happy about this too in the event I decide to switch to T-Mobile... Means I'd actually get reception when I go back towards IA. There is no way I'd go with ATT or T-Mobile right now given how poor their coverage is outside metro/interstate areas. I'm sure it would be a big win for any wireless carriers involved.

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,, This opens up the possibility for more phone options to possibly.. ;)

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,,, This opens up the possibility for more phone options to possibly.. ;)

I wouldn't hold your breath regarding GSM phones being available for us to use. There will likely only be roaming on ATTs LTE bands, not their GSM/HSPA bands. As long as USCC requires phones with CDMA (3G), they will only allow phones certified for their network, and to work with their CDMA roaming partners like Sprint. 

Only once all mobile carriers are on LTE exclusively could we see true phone swapping...but even then there is so much incongruity between LTE bands, that will probably never happen either.  

I wouldn't be so quick to assume that ATT got the best deal here. There were many rumors that none of the big four wanted to play with USCC on the 4g band till USCC rolled out VoLTE which isn't till next year. Sounds like the FCC forced ATT's hand.

So about half hour ago I talked to the US cellular rep at our local store. He seemed knowledgeable and sure of what he had been told. He said the LTE roaming agreement is signed. They're testing and will be testing until the end of the third quarter. October. And then he said they'll just need to essentially hit a button and it will be turned on. It will be with Verizon he said. I asked him about the 200mb data cap and he's wasn't for sure where that would land. Let's hope they do away with it or at least make it reasonable...maybe a couple gig.

Or 200mb will be free and 10/GB roaming?

That would be more typical.

Still total crap. But...typical. And at that point, if that happened, why the world wouldn't you just switch so you WERENT roaming?

We shall see...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

There are reports of Howard Forums of Verizon users roaming on US Cellular LTE.

This was the least expected scenario for me but maybe it's true.

AT&T or T-Mobile seem like more natural partners for them but whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's Verizon that is definitely something to consider.  I can bundle Verizon with my Centurylink/DirecTV bundle, and save a few bucks. Plus, they actually offer Windows phones. GOOD Windows phones.  But in Iowa I would still have access to the USC network.

They don't offer the "pinnacle" windows phones that the GSM carriers do - my brother has an abnormal obsession with them.

Speaking of vzw, found this on Reddit on r/Verizon. OP claims its vzw in XLTE (most of central Iowa is XLTE) makes uscc look like the AOL of cellular carriers.

3f0f2101444a320802efbd20b85b6055.jpg

They don't offer the "pinnacle" windows phones that the GSM carriers do - my brother has an abnormal obsession with them.

Speaking of vzw, found this on Reddit on r/Verizon. OP claims its vzw in XLTE (most of central Iowa is XLTE) makes uscc look like the AOL of cellular carriers.

3f0f2101444a320802efbd20b85b6055.jpg

Am I really seeing that!?

That makes 4g with USCellular like having 1x....

Okay, let's be real here though.

Sure speeds like that are nice, but what are you going to use that for? What could you possibly need speeds like that lol. I mean I understand once you get enough people in one spot Verizon network will be miles better than USCC.

It's funny because I called US cellular 611 today and the person who answered the phone didn't know doo-doo about any LTE Roaming agreements. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing