mushroom 99

data roaming deal

Idk what that's supposed to tell me?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

USCC territory is showing as EVDO roaming for Sprint. All the others EVDO 3G roaming enabled carriers have signed LTE roaming aggreements with Sprint. 

They don't offer the "pinnacle" windows phones that the GSM carriers do - my brother has an abnormal obsession with them.

Speaking of vzw, found this on Reddit on r/Verizon. OP claims its vzw in XLTE (most of central Iowa is XLTE) makes uscc look like the AOL of cellular carriers.

3f0f2101444a320802efbd20b85b6055.jpg

Wouldn't it be nice to have unlimited data on that network

.......on an iPad! with Unlimited Tethering!!

ceb3b4bd40e8fb4ab4310d97f4377028.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by lynyrd65

It's funny because I called US cellular 611 today and the person who answered the phone didn't know doo-doo about any LTE Roaming agreements. One hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing

Most likely because you were talking to an outsourced rep. Not all reps are US Cellular employees anymore.

...I'll buy that plan from ya...

If you're serious, I actually have one i'm trying to get rid of (that other line). PM me an offer, I'll try to help you make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by lynyrd65

I would do that. I wish I could afford it.

I'll give you a Fi invite as a consolation. Lol

Damn you got a Fi account? I've been hoping to get an invite from them for a while lol

crap you got a Fi account? I've been hoping to get an invite from them for a while lol

Yep and I'm afraid Zenzr has dibs on the account.

I was really excited at first and I was probably one of the first people to sign up for an invite but I slowly lost interest as time went on.

I didn't want to buy a nexus 6 just for fi and I've come to realize unlimited data is an absolute necessity for me.

I've been working with Zenzr for over a month trying to transfer my invite from my main gmail to a gmail account he can use.

USCC territory is showing as EVDO roaming for Sprint. All the others EVDO 3G roaming enabled carriers have signed LTE roaming aggreements with Sprint. 

Sprint has been our 3G roaming partner for YEARS already, I don't think we can conclude that because we partner with them for roaming on EVDO that we will be LTE roaming partners with them as well. 

From what I've read/heard...the order in which it's most likely we will be LTE roaming partners is as follows:
1. AT&T - the ONLY company which has said in press releases they are working with USCC on LTE roaming
2. Verizon - just because we've heard rumors about it
3. T-Mobile - shared LTE bands with USCC, would be an easy(ish) agreement
4. Sprint - there hasn't been even a peep about us joining RINA or CCA, but it could happen I guess?
Edited by weberr90

Sprint has been our 3G roaming partner for YEARS already, I don't think we can conclude that because we partner with them for roaming on EVDO that we will be LTE roaming partners with them as well.

From what I've read/heard...the order in which it's most likely we will be LTE roaming partners is as follows:

1. AT&T - the ONLY company which has said in press releases they are working with USCC on LTE roaming

4. Sprint - there hasn't been even a peep about us joining RINA or CCA, but it could happen I guess?

Sprint has stated in press releases that they have been working with USCC on testing LTE roaming. using the CCA system.

This whole LTE roaming partner game of musical chairs has to end at some point. We've heard it all, any one of those providers would be unsurprising to see as the final partner.

USCC just needs to commit darn it!

Edit:

Of course roaming with reciprocity on all of them would be great too!

Edited by lynyrd65

Sprint has stated in press releases that they have been working with USCC on testing LTE roaming. using the CCA system.

This whole LTE roaming partner game of musical chairs has to end at some point. We've heard it all, any one of those providers would be unsurprising to see as the final partner.

USCC just needs to commit darn it!

Edit:

Of course roaming with reciprocity on all of them would be great too!

I agree, this is getting to be a VERY long and drawn out process which I'm sure it costing USCC some customers.

I'm pretty sure the whole CCA agreement involving USCC had gone south since there has been no talk about us joining that consortium since Q3 of 2014. If there has been more recent updates on it, I'd love to see them since any LTE roaming partner (even Sprint) would be better than what we have now. 

Everything I have been told by sales reps is that everything is in place and that testing is in final stages, all the agreements have been signed, and all they have to do is throw a switch. But they have been telling me this for 6 months or so now.

Edited by ahent

Everything I have been told by sales reps is that everything is in place and that testing is in final stages, all the agreements have been signed, and all they have to do is throw a switch. But they have been telling me this for 6 months or so now.

That sounds an awful like most android OTA updates. "It's coming soon, final testing....please hang up and leave me alone now"

That sounds an awful like most android OTA updates. "It's coming soon, final testing....please hang up and leave me alone now"

Pretty much...I did a search and found articles from August of 2014 that said USCC was expecting to finalize a LTE roaming agreement by the end of that year. Here we are half way through 2015 and nothing concrete. I'm going to call USCC at some point and see if I can rattle some cages to get some answers. I doubt I'll get anything, but maybe I'll end up talking with the right person?

I'll post here what I find out. 

Edited by weberr90

AT&T is the hold up.

Well with the amount of proof you just provided. Zenzr must be the hold up too.

I am by no means an expert, but it seems more like AT&T is dragging their feet bringing devices that will work with other carriers' network, not other carriers working on their network. But, I guess if they don't have the devices working in other networks maybe they are taking their ball and going home until some of their clients can benefit from the deal. If that's the case... I hate you AT&T!

Edited by ahent

To enable AT&T roaming, AT&T & USCC must finish their VoLTE roll outs.

Come to think of it. That right there may be the hold up. Once USCC turns on VoLTE across their network and starts selling VoLTE phones then we may see AT&T / T-Mobile roaming.

Weak sources for sure. And old. Who knows what's holding up the deal. Assuming there is even a deal in progress. Would be nice if my AT&T Nexus could roam on USCC in any format. Maybe in a few years.