jeremyphone

Roaming Indicator Off

Does anyone else get this message on their phone?

http://imgur.com/a/GCM5I

On the first picture, it's on the "cell network service bars" icon, and in the 2nd picture it's in the notification bar.

Basically I see it whenever I first unlock my phone, and also whenever I pull down the notification shade it says it on the cell phone service bars icon.

The phone is unrooted with the stock image on it yet.

Admin edit:

Here's the file needed to fix it:

Flash in recovery.

Mod edit: 

This file is not longer suggested. Please download the ERI fix from here - http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/topic/8209-updated-uscc-erizip-file/

Edited by Zenzr

Does anyone else get this message on their phone?

http://imgur.com/a/GCM5I

On the first picture, it's on the "cell network service bars" icon, and in the 2nd picture it's in the notification bar.

Basically I see it whenever I first unlock my phone, and also whenever I pull down the notification shade it says it on the cell phone service bars icon.

The phone is unrooted with the stock image on it yet.

I have the same message. Idky stock as of now. That's going to change tomorrow lol

Yeah mine has it too.

There's a LOT of people with the same thing. Idk why its there.

Anyone else have their mobile network as global? Wonder what happens if it's changed to LTE? Idk.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Yeah mine has it too.

There's a LOT of people with the same thing. Idk why its there.

Anyone else have their mobile network as global? Wonder what happens if it's changed to LTE? Idk.

Sent from my Nexus 6

First thing I did when I went to that screen was change it to LTE because I thought it just made more sense. Everything worked fine. I changed it back to global a few minutes ago though.

ugh, now I'm seeing that on my lock screen! =-P It's there whether I have settings on LTE or Global. I don't see anything in the notification drop-down though.

That may drive me crazy. I hate unneeded Task Bar icons, like Voice Mail. I hate voice mail because I have to see that stupid icon until I listen to my messages

....you don't sleep much either, Rub?? lol

3-4 hours a night. Any more and I'm groggy, feel like I'm in a fog, or just sleepy all day.

Any less and my alarm won't wake me up.

Its a vicious battle.

Sent from my Nexus 6

....you don't sleep much either, Rub?? lol

3-4 hours a night. Any more and I'm groggy, feel like I'm in a fog, or just sleepy all day.

Any less and my alarm won't wake me up.

Its a vicious battle.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Same here. Probably from 15 years as a truck driver

I'm the IT guy at work - between all the phones, laptops, desktops, general upkeep - the "go go go" takes its toll over time.

I can't really afford to have a "foggy" day if the network has issues or if communication is down for some reason - and idk why, but thats just how it's panned out over the years.

So I went to root my phone this morning, and it was showing 3100 - Us Cellular instead of the Roaming indicator off. 

Of course, as soon as I rooted it, then the message was back to Roaming Indicator off...haha

For some reason it seems to come and go. But I've noticed that a reboot usually brings it back at least for a little while

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I had to tell my guy at the store what that was lol.