jeremyphone

Roaming Indicator Off

I saw that thread.

Idk how to rip apart a apk and trust it to go back together without messing stuff up.

Hopefully someone figures it out for the nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I use other tools but 7zip works as long as it doesn't need signed.

The framework apk is one of those very touchy ones that you have to get exactly right otherwise it completely fails.

One of the big reasons I never touch that one.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I bought my Nexus 6 Saturday and noticed this happening later in the day, not sure if the system update was responsible or not. I ended up doing a factory reset for other reasons, and that fixed the issue, it's been 12 hours now at least. I noticed I'm at 5.0/LRX21O and there is no system update available.

What I've noticed is if you have Wi-Fi off, reboot, it will say us cellular until you get back on Wi-Fi, turn Wi-Fi back off, and roaming indicator off comes back. I'm thinking when it tries to switch back to cell data it gets confused.

This should fix the issue once and for all.  I haven't had time to test it though, so make a nandroid before you test it.  I'm 99% sure it will work fine though. (I had the same issue when porting lollipop to the 2014 moto x)

http://bit.ly/1AntlqC

Let me know if it works.

Edited by bpdev

Mine has shown US Cellular for a few days now.

After flashing that zip or before?

Speaking of showing things, wtf is this star?? I mus have grabbed my phone weird during a call maybe for something? I'm super sick, so who knows

Screenshot_2014-12-23-19-21-001_zps5e87d

Speaking of showing things, wtf is this star?? I mus have grabbed my phone weird during a call maybe for something? I'm super sick, so who knows

It shows up when you have priority notifications set or have downtime enabled.

Hasn't said anything but uscc since?

Yes, it shows as U.S. Cellular. If it changes I'll post here. It's been almost 24 hours which is longer than I've seen it before.

Well, I jinxed myself I guess lol! It said US Cellular for a few days (not rooted and only on 5.0.1), then I got my new case in today. I was at work, trying to take off the stiff plastic case, hard to do, and the phone sort of got stuck part ways out of the case, the edge was pressing the power button, so it ended up rebooting my phone. Once it came back on, I noticed it is once again showing 'Roaming Indicator Off'. lol! can't win.

Well, I jinxed myself I guess lol! It said US Cellular for a few days (not rooted and only on 5.0.1), then I got my new case in today. I was at work, trying to take off the stiff plastic case, hard to do, and the phone sort of got stuck part ways out of the case, the edge was pressing the power button, so it ended up rebooting my phone. Once it came back on, I noticed it is once again showing 'Roaming Indicator Off'. lol! can't win.

Had you flashed the zip I posted?

I did earlier. All positive so far, but I'm only a few hours in. 

Sorry, no, I must have missed that. Will check it out later thanks