jeremyphone

Roaming Indicator Off

Does anyone else get this message on their phone?

http://imgur.com/a/GCM5I

On the first picture, it's on the "cell network service bars" icon, and in the 2nd picture it's in the notification bar.

Basically I see it whenever I first unlock my phone, and also whenever I pull down the notification shade it says it on the cell phone service bars icon.

The phone is unrooted with the stock image on it yet.

On the first picture, it's on the "cell network service bars" icon, and in the 2nd picture it's in the notification bar.

Basically I see it whenever I first unlock my phone, and also whenever I pull down the notification shade it says it on the cell phone service bars icon.

This is what the topic is about

Edited by HipKat

my bad didn't mean to do that still learning how to use this website 

Welcome!

Welcome!

thank you like i was trying to say before i just dialed *228 which im sure is the roaming list update from us cell waited for it to complete then restarted my phone and no more roaming indicator off now it says us cellular but make sure you only call that number if your on us cellulars network do not call if you know your roaming or it could f up your phone

I've done *228 many times in their coverage and it NEVER stays at uscc for more than a day. It always goes back

Sent from my Nexus 6

weird mine has stayed sorry yours hasnt

Yeah, most of us are aware that you only *228 when in native USCC coverage. It's hard to fix if you don't.

ya i bet its hard to fix

Mines fixed now. Had to flash the eri file to fix it

Sent from my Nexus 6

thats so crazy how you had to flash the eri file and all i had to do was call *228 but im wary and im gonna keep an eye on it cuz i might have to flash the eri file as well

You just might, there were several occasions where mine would say US Cellular either all by itself or after something I did and it would say that for a day or maybe two but it always went back to saying roaming indicator off after a reboot or sometimes for no reason at all.

The positive thing here is even if yours does go back to saying roaming indicator off we do have a fix for it and its really not hard at all.

The strange curve ball tho... How would yours STAY correctly displaying uscc when nobody elses did - even though you DIDNT flash the fixed eri?  If yours stays that way after reboots and general usage for a few days then id ber REALLY interested in how/why.  (even tho...we will probably never have that answer)

Sent from my Nexus 6

You just might, there were several occasions where mine would say US Cellular either all by itself or after something I did and it would say that for a day or maybe two but it always went back to saying roaming indicator off after a reboot or sometimes for no reason at all.

The positive thing here is even if yours does go back to saying roaming indicator off we do have a fix for it and its really not hard at all.

The strange curve ball tho... How would yours STAY correctly displaying uscc when nobody elses did - even though you DIDNT flash the fixed eri?  If yours stays that way after reboots and general usage for a few days then id ber REALLY interested in how/why.  (even tho...we will probably never have that answer)

Sent from my Nexus 6

im such a jerk mine went back i thought i was special but im not guess im gonna have to flash the eri file you have been really helpful rub1 i appreciate all your help i wish i could have been special but im not =(  

Hey man, it happens to the best of us.

I thought it would stick so many times, thought "oh yeah its still there!" - and...gone.

Lol

But after flashing that zip, its all good.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Hey man, it happens to the best of us.

I thought it would stick so many times, thought "oh yeah its still there!" - and...gone.

Lol

But after flashing that zip, its all good.

Sent from my Nexus 6

flash time

Do I have to be rooted?

Technically speaking, no. 

You have to have a custom recovery installed to flash zip files. To root the Nexus you need to be unlocked to. You don't technically have to be rooted to have a custom recovery, as that's how you obtain root. After unlocking you can install a custom recovery and root your device if you like.

Edited by Zenzr