jeremyphone

Roaming Indicator Off

This is what happens when I take a couple weeks off from this forum...I unnecessarily go around with "roaming indicator off" on my phone when I could have just come on here and saw that I should flash a simple .zip to fix it.

Shame on me...I'll never stray again. 

Funny thing about this. Before I flashed Validus, I returned to stock, so I had Roaming Indicator Off again, but after I flashed Validus, I have had US Cellular, without ever flashing the fix. At least I don't remember flashing the fix

Funny thing about this. Before I flashed Validus, I returned to stock, so I had Roaming Indicator Off again, but after I flashed Validus, I have had US Cellular, without ever flashing the fix. At least I don't remember flashing the fix

I have US cellular with validus in global mode, but if I switch to anything else it shows up as "330330" or something like that.

And after flashing the eri.zip it makes global and lte modes say US cellular but not 3g. It still shows up as the random 3's and 0's

Hi, I've been following this site for rumors and updates for a while and you guys are awesome. I had switched to tmobile for a few months but now I'm back and very happy with my Nexus 6. I have this same issue but I'm not familiar with the process of how to flash and root. I don't want to end up ruining my Nexus before I've had a changed to enjoy it fully so can someone let me know what that process is and what files I need to have loaded on my computer or phone to do this. Th as alot guys!!!!

Go to the development section and start reading. Familiarize yourself with terms. It's not very hard at all. Nexus devices are some of if not the easiest ones to root.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

But I suggest before you start making sure you understand the whole process and how to recovery to 100% stock.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks zenzr. I just spoke to a usc tech support person and she said that it's something to do with the phone using cdma instead of GSM. Most likely will be fixed in next update which will come direct from Google and not usc. Also is world unlocked already if anybody wants to know that lol

edit build.prop, under "ADDITIONAL_BUILD_PROPERTIES" edit the line "ro.carrier=unknown" to "ro.carrier=uscc" ->

save ->

reboot ->

no more "Roaming Indicator Off"

if it's not a 100% fix, then it's got to be close... at least I was noticing it alot more frequently than I am now-

let us know how that goes for you-

I thought I'd give it a try based on past experience with Samsung and mms issues with custom roms

Edited by mcgleevn

Pretty sure the build.prop file is generated as output from ROM compile process. It is not a configuration file.

I tried the edit. It has no effect.

I do have a custom framework-res.apk that I will be testing later today. I'll start a new thread if it does the job of replacing "Roaming Indicator Off".

Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 6

I know I've changed that before and nothing happened.

It says "unknown" on every device. Not just the nexus. It says that on literally every phone.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I'm changing it right now - I'll let you know.  but like I said, on every phone I've ever had from uscc it says "unknown" - including samsung, moto, etc.. But I will try it.

I didnt think it would since ive done it before and it didnt change anything on a S5, then if it's said unknown for THIS long they would have changed it if it had any sort of importance.

OK, I am able to modify the framework-res.apk to show "U.S. Cellular". However. I need to figure out how to make a flashable zip file. :D

Cheers!

Sent from my Nexus 6