Zenzr

[Nexus 6] Home Screen Screenshots!

Much more customization. GNL icons are HUGE IMO and it's wasted space. I like have lots of rows, and since I can get the OK Google to work in Nova no reason not to use it. I like being able to have custom transitions on switching home screens too, I have it set up to be like the tablet animation. 

I like the "ok google" idea. But I never used it much. And it seemed to drain the battery. Not sure why Google search can't sleep or go idle when not in use. I guess it wouldn't hear the prompt...

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Tapatalk

I like the "ok google" idea. But I never used it much. And it seemed to drain the battery. Not sure why Google search can't sleep or go idle when not in use. I guess it wouldn't hear the prompt...

if it is any consolation on my 1st gen Moto X with the OK Google command being setup I see no additional battery drain than if I had it turned off...  If there is it is very minimal.

What device had you tried it on??  Was it a Samsung device?

Moose, I think you are right. Dbuster, that is because the moto x had a second low power processor to handle the the "always on listening". To my knowledge the nexus does not have anything additional to handle that. It will listen with the screen off when it's plugged in only. Otherwise, always listening is not possible with the nexus like it is on the x. Battery life may be affected by having the ok Google active.

Edited by grad

I noticed the stock clock speed of the processor is very high. At stock settings the max is 2.7ghz and minimum is above 2ghz I think. 

Edited by Zenzr

Any Qualcom processors after the 801 have a low power core dedicated to "always listening" function, so with this device being the 805, there wouldn't be any (or very little) additional battery drain keeping the always listening function on. 

if it is any consolation on my 1st gen Moto X with the OK Google command being setup I see no additional battery drain than if I had it turned off... If there is it is very minimal.

What device had you tried it on?? Was it a Samsung device?

I've only tried it in my Note 3. I'm thinking more the Google search app itself causing battery drain. Even if you don't have OK Google turned on. The app is huge and always running. I freeze mine.

Moose, I think you are right. Dbuster, that is because the moto x had a second low power processor to handle the the "always on listening". To my knowledge the nexus does not have anything additional to handle that. It will listen with the screen off when it's plugged in only. Otherwise, always listening is not possible with the nexus like it is on the x. Battery life may be affected by having the ok Google active.

Any Qualcom processors after the 801 have a low power core dedicated to "always listening" function, so with this device being the 805, there wouldn't be any (or very little) additional battery drain keeping the always listening function on.

This is nice to know! So the nexus 6 can do the listening all the time with the low power core present

Sticking with the stock icons right now, but this is pretty much how i had my note 2 set up. Haven't decided what changes i want to make yet.

post-10216-0-04658800-1418399146_thumb.p

Edited by kmeck518

I have about 500 wall papers I need to enhance, resize and upload to my photobucket. I got burned out on the ones I was using on the S4

Changed the back ground to the G3 and I think it looks pretty cool. Mainly because it makes it look like there's no notification bar up top.

post-10216-0-09126700-1418665179_thumb.p

Edited by kmeck518

69fdaa77102e6624320f484239ad7f62.jpg

Pretty basic here, I prefer simpler setups and want to match the material style as closely as I can. HD clock/weather widget with google now icons, Poweramp widget, and Nova. I may not even root this O.O

Google Launcher icons are HUGE. It's the main reason I don't use the launcher. I use Nova and set mine at like 90%.With Nova having "Okay Google" support it's nice. I also have my DPI at 520 I think. Or 530. His is probably the same. 

Edited by Zenzr