Pat

KitKat 4.4.4 update?

I noticed on the US Cell website that the 4.4.4 update is available for the S4. My sister's phone is not showing the update currently. Has anyone received the update OTA as of yet?

Pat

i thought you just have to plug it in

it downloads the update and enters download mode then says can communicate with the phone

Edited by virus_5044

What Virus said always worked for me,  kies 3  checks for updates first when connected.  And will show if one is available  and ask if you want to update.  

Edited by KER

FWIW, I updated mine with Kies yesterday and it still says 4.4.2 as expected. I think I'll wait for the ota next time, Kies kept hanging/was a pain.

I downloaded and flashed NK1 from the samsung website and it still shows 4.4.2, not sure why USCC.com shows 4.4.4. I didnt notice any changes and could not find any changelogs.

Interesting. I just looked at the USCellular page for updates, and the Galaxy S4 isn't listed at all. There is no update of any kind under any flavor of Android, KitKat, Jellybean, nothing. Maybe my phone doesn't actually exist, and I can stop sending them money! http://www.uscellular.com/android/software.html#GS4

Just noticed the S4 made the list again ,, still NK1 4.4.2 though.

Took ota update today. Still 4.4.2

I also did the update. Wondering what it actually did. Battery life possibly seemed a little better.