Sign in to follow this  
Buelligan

GOODBYE!

Well guys, with some regret I have to say goodbye to USCellular! I went to AT&T over the weekend and lets just say they made a deal I couldn't refuse LOL.

Got two new phones:

HTC M8 for Window Phone

Lumia 830 w/free Fitbit Flex

Walked out the door for $67 in taxes on the phones

My bill will be $10 a month cheaper but I lost data I didn't use anyway. went from 5 GB each line to 3GB shared. But in almost 2 years we never used 3 GB between us so I should be good. We shall see.

I went with the financed option called Flex. No up front, except taxes, and a 2 year contract. Works for me.

Plus I got a $300 bill credit for switching my numbers over!

That pays two months bills!

And YES the 8.1 updates on these new phones is EVERYTHING I hoped for and more. FANTASTIC update!

So hope you guys enjoy the ride with USCellular. Take care and good day :-)

I may hang around a bit and still answer any questions that may arise, help when I can.

Mike

I hate to see you go, but I'm glad that you're happy with the outcome also. Ultimately that's what's important, you have to enjoy the experience you're having.

It is still pretty upsetting that we don't offer more in the way of Windows Phones.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Yeah I had no idea how much progress they made with this last update! So many nice new features my head was spinning finding them all. Still finding new stuff 3 days later!

I spent about 2 hours on the phone with USCellular Friday and they tried very hard to get some word on the future of Windows Phone, again excellent customer service. But none of them could get ANY word on the updates or new phones. She offered me a 30% LOYALTY discount if I signed a 2 year contract. But without any news of windows phone I had to give up.

A word on signal though. Outside it is as good, maybe even better than USCellular, but indoors not so much. Guess there is something to that whole "penetration" thread LOL

Nothing a booster can't fix, but there goes my $300 credit UGH! Not sure I will do that yet just keep my phone in the window LOL

Edited by Buelligan

Get one of those phone units from Panasonic I believe where you pair your cell phone via blue tooth then set the cell down like in a window sill area and use the Panasonic phones for calls while at home. Pretty sick as you can page two phones to the base unit and then any handset in the home can use either line to receive or place calls.. They are sub $100 I believe no booster is required unless you need to use your cell for data while at home

Wonder if that 30% loyalty was for one month or the full two years...

Edited by dBuster

Get one of those phone units from Panasonic I believe where you pair your cell phone via blue tooth then set the cell down like in a window sill area and use the Panasonic phones for calls while at home. Pretty sick as you can page two phones to the base unit and then any handset in the home can use either line to receive or place calls.. They are sub $100 I believe no booster is required unless you need to use your cell for data while at home

I saw those Panasonic Link2Cell's the other day at our local Sam's Club, on clearance for $40. I wondered if it was any good...

I saw those Panasonic Link2Cell's the other day at our local Sam's Club, on clearance for $40. I wondered if it was any good...

If you can leave your cell within range of the base unit they are great! Seen them in use but just haven't pulled the pin here at home either. Really is nice with two cell devices being able to link up and then while at home needing only one handset to place or receive calls from either cell device.

I do believe they also make a model that links to the cell devices and if you have a land line it also is accessed from the same handset.

That one you saw at same club for $40, do you remember how many handsets it came with? 1, 2, or 3?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If you can leave your cell within range of the base unit they are great! Seen them in use but just haven't pulled the pin here at home either. Really is nice with two cell devices being able to link up and then while at home needing only one handset to place or receive calls from either cell device.

I do believe they also make a model that links to the cell devices and if you have a land line it also is accessed from the same handset.

That one you saw at same club for $40, do you remember how many handsets it came with? 1, 2, or 3?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'll look the next time I go (diaper run this weekend), I remember it more because it was on clearance than anything else.

If you are impressed with the 8.1 upgrade, just wait for the 10 upgrade later this year. At least that is what my son in law, who is now working for Microsoft, is telling me. He is very excited about it. I bought a laptop with 8.1 a year ago, and my wife and I got tablets with 8.1 for Christmas. I'm ready to move to windows on all my devices, and if USCellular won't do it, I may also be looking for a company that will.

Yeah I had no idea how much progress they made with this last update! So many nice new features my head was spinning finding them all. Still finding new stuff 3 days later!

I spent about 2 hours on the phone with USCellular Friday and they tried very hard to get some word on the future of Windows Phone, again excellent customer service. But none of them could get ANY word on the updates or new phones. She offered me a 30% LOYALTY discount if I signed a 2 year contract. But without any news of windows phone I had to give up.

A word on signal though. Outside it is as good, maybe even better than USCellular, but indoors not so much. Guess there is something to that whole "penetration" thread LOL

Nothing a booster can't fix, but there goes my $300 credit UGH! Not sure I will do that yet just keep my phone in the window LOL

Man, it sucks to see you go.  Feels like there are already too few of us WP users out there.  But to be honest, my family is probably leaving USCC as soon as our contract is up too.  I'm getting really tired of the lack of support by USCC on their phones. Their update policy is HORRIBLE and no one seems to have any idea of when any update is coming out.  The entire company seems to lack focus and planning.  Unfortunately, i'm not sure i have a lot of options other than verizon where i'm at, but at least they might get some better WP devices.  I'm just sick and tired of US Cell's device selection (the coverage and customer service has always been good).

Has anyone had luck with the ativ odyssey and the developer preview OS builds?  I'm always nervous installing previews on my main device, but i feel it's the only way this phone will ever be updated as USCC and samsung are horrible at supporting their phones.  I wish MS would have gone the apple route and just said FU to the carriers and pushed out the OS updates theirselves 

@isc, Yeah I hated to jump but just had to do it. So far I am real happy with AT&T. That booster I needed? They sent one out in two days FREE OF CHARGE!! Now I have a better signal at my house than I ever did with USCellular!

THE HTC (M8) for Windows is AMAZING!! 8.1 is also a huge step up! The notification center, the transparent live tiles are cool, CORTANA is fantastic! and the ability to install and move Apps to the SD card is HUGE!!! Plus 32GB of onboard storage is nice too, 8 GB these days is just ridiculous especially without SD App storage. And as stated above, when Windows 10 is released I believe it can be a real game changer, so excited for it! And Ill bet AT&T gets it out quickly!

@dBuster - my tethering works fine here as well no charge, really feeling the Windows Phone love here :-D

ATT would be awesome if they had service off away from heavily traveled roads outside of big cities... -_-

But their data speeds and things like that are superb. Building penetration always sucks. But dat data doe. It's top notch.

Well just a quick update.

Got my $300 credit! And with the data rollover I have been carrying an extra GB as a backup, working out well!!

Now with App on the SD card support I have ALL my apps reinstalled and still have 21+ GB left on the phone and 10-15 GB left on a 32 GB card.

All is well, and I ordered my Band which should be here next week!

Oh BTW, CORTANA is pretty cool for being a Beta.

Can't wait for the Windows 10 launch! True OS unity, a single OS for all your devices!!

Check out the HoloLens, google glass on steroids! LOL  www.microsoft.com/microsoft-hololens/en-us

Check out the band as well - www.microsoft.com/microsoft-band/en-us

The band works with ALL OS, Android, Apple and Windows Phone. Unlike Apple and Google who seem to keep their stuff to themselves LOL

We all know how Apple is but Google is being even worse! They do everything they can to deny Windows and Windows Phone access to there properties, VERY frustrating. They change API's all the time and every service they purchase or own they discontinue support for the Windows Phone apps. So tired of the Microsoft hate just to hate them, so juvenile!!! :-)  LOL

Ok off my soapbox, Have a great day!

Do any of the 4 Windows Phone users need any advice? LOL

Do any of the 4 Windows Phone users need any advice? LOL

LOL...  I'm still rocking the ativ odyssey as my main phone.  But I'm about 99% sure I'm ditching US Cell after my contract is up.  Will most likely end up going to whoever has the best Windows Phone at the time.  US Cell seems to be on a path to destruction lately, so I'm gonna jump ship before it goes down (i.e. someone comes in to rescue US Cell by buying them) :)

I also have the Samsung Ativ Odyssey and my contract is up in 60 days.  I have been in contact with Customer Relations for USCC and they tell me the same propaganda, so I am hoping to see a new Lumia phone coming out this summer/fall that has Windows Mobile 10.  I read somewhere that Verizon is getting a new one soon that will be a WM 10 phone.

I wish USCC would getquit drinking the Apple and Android kool-aid!!!

I would stay with USCC for another decade if they would support Windows phones.............................

Until my contract has expired I will  hold out for a miracle but don't expect one.....