ahent

Roaming LTE

At least not in the Topeka or Kansas City area. For some reason that big hole is filled in with LTE coverage on this map, which is not true. Must be an issue with their map program

That's what I figured. I always check the maps every once in a while to see if any new roaming coverage is added.

I remember late last year they said they had come to an agreement with another regional carrier and didn't name who it was or when they would turn on the roaming. After seeing this map I thought there may be a Kansas City carrier they partnered with, but I don't know who that could be other than Sprint and the deal they announced was with another regional not a national carrier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just talked with an agent and he said that the deal with sprint is signed and now they are figuring out the infrastructure and probable roll out during the summer. Probably only for new style plans, but older family/belief plans might qualify. Also, newer plans may be released from the 250mb roam limit if they are on a sprint network. Just thought I would update here with the news.

I have no idea what I am doing :-P

Yeah I thought that too, but at least I will get major cities and some major highways.

I have no idea what I am doing :-P

Ok, here's a roaming question.....

Their coverage maps list "partner coverage" for the Baltimore MD/D.C. area.

Is this "partner coverage" considered roaming? I'm thinking not, but just thought I'd ask.

Map shows phone service and 3g data, not 4gLTE, but I can live with 3g for a week.

I'm about to take a trip and called support and it's still 200Mb throttled to 1x after that.  I don't think I can use navigation on 1x so I'm afraid I'm going to need to change.

Anyone want a Note 3, rooted, clean esn, S-view case, extra batteries & cables?  :(

I'm about to take a trip and called support and it's still 200Mb throttled to 1x after that.  I don't think I can use navigation on 1x so I'm afraid I'm going to need to change.

Anyone want a Note 3, rooted, clean esn, S-view case, extra batteries & cables?   :(

You would wannt put it in the Buy Sell Trade if you wanna get rid of it - best place to get attention for it.

As for the roaming thing.  I know... It's stupid that that hasn't changed over ALL these years it's been that way.

for gods sake it's been that way since before the rollout of LTE... 

Take this with a grain of salt, but when my wife was getting her s5 last month the salesman said by summer and that newer plans (aka not belief) would more than likely get an increase in roaming data limits.

"Increase" 

Technically that could mean from 200MB to 250MB - to be fair.

Wouldnt surprise me if it went up by less than 100Mb lol  -  theyre good at the "ohh see we made it better" while actually ruining it more.

And they said in November they would have secured a major LTE roaming agreement by the first of the year......wheres that at? I'm out after my contract is up. Honestly saving 20 bucks a month and not having more LTE coverage in more than a few slivers in a few odd states.....not worth it at all.

The salesman said they had just had a meeting and were told the agreement was signed and done and that they were messing with implementation and that was holding some stuff up. All testing has been done. Again this was a salesman so....

I'll withhold my thoughts until more is known. But... I'm going on vaca in ~30 days. Best be getting on this s*** USCC - I'm not going 1000 miles away just to have no usable data service for 10 days again.

I hope its actually worth a crap.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I hear you, I am in the same boat. I used it all even at worthless speeds 2 months in a row last year. Now, I want to see some changes. At the end of May I am gone for 18 days and probably a week in July and about 9 days in August. All out of USCC area (you know, most of the country).

I have no idea what I am doing :)

I'll withhold my thoughts until more is known. But... I'm going on vaca in ~30 days. Best be getting on this s*** USCC - I'm not going 1000 miles away just to have no usable data service for 10 days again.

I hope its actually worth a crap.

Sent from my Nexus 6

That's why I'm going prepaid. the $40 it's going to cost me is going to be worth having actual service. I'll just forward all my stuff. Edited by Zenzr