mynefield

Qi Wireless Charging

There are so many Qi chargers out there.

I would love to know:
Which charger you use

AND

if you have a case, which case, and does it charge well with the case

I use this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00DG8NUC8/ref=pd_aw_sbs_6?pi=AC_SX230_QL60

Works amazing.

No case.

But my wife uses the same charger (hers is blue) but she has case and it works just fine.

The reviews say that it works through otterboxes and other various thick cases also, so I know it would work no matter what case you got.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I have the ringke fusion too I love it.

Ya me too. My one main gripe is all the scratches that have accumulated from day to day use. I guess that's to be expected though considering its a clear case. I also really like the slim but have a terrible time getting it off of the phone. I feel like I'm going to break it lol.

Ya me too. My one main gripe is all the scratches that have accumulated from day to day use. I guess that's to be expected though considering its a clear case. I also really like the slim but have a terrible time getting it off of the phone. I feel like I'm going to break it lol.

My two friends with 3D printers are going to print me out a case they both design. So I'm exicted for that.

I had the Same one. I'll be returning it (no real need to spend $20 for it, but it worked wonderfully.)

50c16a687364a5a1b3497014c78d1b60.jpg

Just now getting around to posting it, but look what I got with the last of my us cellular points before they expired!

Sent from my Nexus 6

I didn't even know that was an option!?

I have one but would have gladly gotten one for a relative or something. They must have been scrambling at the end for items.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yep, I walked in the store expecting just to stock up on a few micro usb cables but when I saw that with a points value (cant remmber how much, probably in the realm of 12-14000) I figured that wireless charger would be more useful than the cables that i honestly didn't need

Edited by ajhman

I have some generic ones that I bought off ebay for around $10 each - they work, but you have to slide the phone about 1/2 - 3/4" up from being centered for it to start charging.

I bought a 10,000 mAH power bank/Qi charger off of Amazon (the MobilePal Gen-2) for about $40 that I take with me to work.  I work as a bartender and this allows me to keep my phone charged without the need for cables, and I can provide charging to any customers who need power.  It works really well, but again you need to shift the phone about 1/4 - 1/2" up from center to charge.

Most recently I go the Choetech Iron Stand T516 for $30 (with S&H) off of ebay and it works great in Portrait or Landscape mode with no shifting - just lay it on there and it charges.  Seems very solidly made and works perfectly.

I wish the wireless charging notification on the Nexus 6 was more reliable - I'd say it only beeps about 1/3 of the time when I use the other Qi chargers - it seems to be closer to 2/3 of the time on Choetech, but I haven't had it long enough say for certain.   I had to enable the LED lit while charging feature to be sure it was charging when I used the other charging pads...

I bought this one:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N4H1M8K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00

I have this case on my N6 and same case on my LG G3:  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PA06MB6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s01

Both phones charge without issue with the case on, no issues with trying to position the phones just right either.  (I added Qi wireless charging sticker to the back case of my LG G3).