Sign in to follow this  
Contrast

NAM Settings - Help

Long story short I purchased a US990 from Craigslist when I dial *228 it connects to Verizon for an update and then fails. Which I assume means wrong NAM settings. I'm confused as to why it's connecting to Verizion. Sounds like network code is wrong. (Correct me if I'm wrong) Could someone help with restoring the NAM back to original?  Thanks guys

You have to be in a uscc coverage area for *228 to work.

Has nothing to do with Nam.

The only way you can fix that is to go back to a u.s. Cellular coverage area and do it again. And then never do it while you're roaming that's how that happened in the first place.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Wow you're fast.

611 connects to Verizon as well, same thing I assume.

I've been using the phone as a media device. I haven't had USCC for awhile. So I'm just worried if I go to sell the phone one day, the person buying will insert their SIM and it won't work.

Edited by Contrast

Yeah it tried to get a prl from vzw because you were in a vzw coverage area (not uscc) when the *228 was done.

The o ly way to undo it is to be in their coverage and do it again, that will fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 6

So to clarify the phone will or will not work if I just put in a USCC sim? 

Or will I need to be in a USCC coverage area, put in the USCC sim, and then update PRL?

Edited by Contrast

You need the Sim, have uscc activate it, and be in a uscc coverage area. You can't have any combination of the 3 and have it work. You need it all. The Sim alone does nothing.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Thanks for all the help.

What if I flash the .img files. Would I be safe to go ahead and say put it on ebay and they'd have no problem activating it?

Sorry for my ignorance. I know you said the only way to undo it was by doing another *228 in a USCC area. But out of  curiosity would the flash reset the PRL? Would it reset the NAM settings?

I did find this: 

##786# (Hard Reset)

This menu contains a lot of the same info as the previous codes with a little extra. It is used for the quintessential "hard reset".This will completely wipe data/app, your internal sd, and NAM so your phone can be re-provisioned

Over at XDA 
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=37710750#post37710750

Just another way to hard reset but it confirms what I was asking. Also ##786# does work on our LG G3 US990's  and does show you your current NAM settings.