GGeoff48

Sell Electrify M with SIM Card?

So hopefully I'm posting this in the correct section, but I'm going to be selling my wife's Electrify M soon and didn't know if I should sell it with the SIM card or not. I've seen a mixed batch on ebay and craigslist, some selling with the SIM & some selling without it. Any reasons I should sell the with, or without, the SIM?

Thanks!

With the Sim = they could know your phone number if they looked before activating it on their own line.

Without = they have to have uscc send them a Sim before they can activate it on their line.

Stores don't have Sim cards anymore I don't think - but if it were me - I'd send it without the Sim - but that's me.

They can't do anything with the information that resides on the SIM card even if they wanted to. The most they can do is know what your phone number was. They couldn't do anything else with it.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I have called CS 611 and they have helped me remove my phone number on phones I have sold .(Much quicker on the buyer to get to using it that way)

Thanks guys. The "safest" route sounds like I could just call 611 and unactivate the SIM then sell the phone without it. Side question...think I should upgrade the Electrify M to 4.4.2 before selling it, or just leave it on 4.1?

If it were me, I would update it for more money. But maybe that's the money speaking.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk