Sign in to follow this  
ppsi

"Phone connection charge"???

Doesn't this sound like it will cost $XX.00 to connect whatever phone(s) you have to a new plan?

I got rid of one of my lines and am down to four. I am paying well over $300.00/mo but now I lost a line and was looking at new plans. The 8GB shared plan looked good at $80.00/mo but then I looked at the connection charge and it is up to $40.00 per smart phone and my old plan was $35.00 per smart phone.

I am still likely going to change because 2 phones have 21 year old girls hanging from them and tend to push the data limit boundary. I use about 1kb of data every 7-8 years so I can donate my lack of social media interaction to these two lines. 

I'll then be looking at $80.00 + $160.00 + all the other garbage that each line is required to pay per state, federal, local, neighborhood, town, hamlet, burrough and intergalactic taxes. Oh, and the FCC charge.

I am thinking I should end up saving about $00.13 - $00.14 each month. So I'll have that going for me, which is nice. Quoted borrowed from "Carl" in Caddy Shack  

It's $40/month if you have one of the "subsidized" phones still within the 2 year upgrade timer. If have had all your phones for at least 24 months, the connection charge is $10/month.

$10/month applies if you buy a *used* phone, if you buy the phone outright new at the full non-discounted rate, or if you do the "device financing"...where financing is 1/20 the full price of the phone + $10/month for 20 months, then drop back to the $10/month.

Depending how long phones are into contract, you may be able to get the connection charge dropped to $10.
They did it for me on 2 phones that had 12 and 13 months left on contract. 

So, just to clarify, if I go buy a phone on eBay or CL, and walk into the store to get a new shared data plan, I pay just a $10 connection fee plus the data package price?

So, just to clarify, if I go buy a phone on eBay or CL, and walk into the store to get a new shared data plan, I pay just a $10 connection fee plus the data package price?

That's correct,,, unlimited talk, text 8gb shared data with tethering $80.00 mo plus $10.00 each line = $100.00 plus tax and the other charges for two lines.

Edited by KER

I will be getting my four phones (reduced recently from five) on the new plan. I'll reduce my bill a little but the shared data will help.

My son and his gf got on version and are having billing issues already. They were told one price and have gotten two bills for $100.00 more than the agrees price.

Not saying uscc is not above making "billing errors" of course.

That's common of all carriers. They refuse to tell you the real price, they just say it will be higher due to taxes and fees. Wtf not just tell us what it will be? Why? Why? I know for a fact I'm not the only person in the US that has 2 smartphones on one plan. So how can they say they don't know what the final bill will be?

JUST LOOK AT EVERYONE ELSE'S BILL MORONS.

If I knew more about politics, I'd write up a new bill requiring cell phone carriers to tell you what your final bill would be before you sign the contract. How else can you decide if you can afford it? What else do you buy in life, NOT knowing what it will cost?

That's common of all carriers. They refuse to tell you the real price, they just say it will be higher due to taxes and fees. Wtf not just tell us what it will be? Why? Why? I know for a fact I'm not the only person in the US that has 2 smartphones on one plan. So how can they say they don't know what the final bill will be?

JUST LOOK AT EVERYONE ELSE'S BILL MORONS.

Not the case, been on the news here. Verizon and AT&T are having billing issues with newer customers. People were at the end of their rope trying to get them corrected, so they contacted the consumer help dept. at the news station.

Yeah, I can read. What I'm saying is it is your money you are spending. Don't expect someone else to do everything for you. figure it out yourself, can't be that helpless. 

I dare you to walk in and ask then to tell you exactly what your monthly payment will be! They will not tell you. I've asked dozens of times. They just say, well the plan will be roughly "x" plus the fees and taxes and we can't tell you what those will be. My point is, THEY CAN. they know EXACTLY what your bill would be, but they refuse to tell you.

So instead of being a useless ass, you could be helpful instead.

Who's the useless ass?

I can figure out how much my bill would be.

All you do is betch, whine and complain about everything. Why are you even here??? Go to tjeir Facebook page where the rest like you hang out.

Posts unhidden because I honestly love seeing the foolishness.

Really people, really?  All of this over a phone bill.  I'm not taking sides, but when I go into USCC I know which phones are on sale, how many points I can use, and if our bill will go up or down.  Why? Because my mother would shoot me if I didn't lay it out for her.  Granted, I guess at taxes but I can compare to all our previous bills.  Do I need an EXACT amount, no.  If you can't afford a $2+/- difference, please go back to a landline.

Again, totally my opinion which I thought we were all allowed to have.

Oh, wait, I am the admin.... so my above statement sounds pretty good to me.