Sign in to follow this  
kmeck518

Nexus 9 vs Galaxy Tab S 10.5

So i was looking to buy a new table and i narrowed it down to the Nexus 9 (32GB) and Galaxy Tab S (32GB). Expandable storage isn't an issue as i have no problem using an OTG cable with the nexus 9. I've read a bunch of reviews and most of them keep listing the light bleed issue, battery life seems to vary from site to site (anywhere from 4 to 11 hrs), and it gets a little warm. I also realize that most of those reviews were done right at release and i've also read that HTC may have addressed the light bleed and buttons being hard to push. The Tab S is a samsung tablet so there's touch wiz, and waiting on samsung for os updates. Plus how long does samsung support their tablets for with updates? Capacitive buttons are annoying because i keep hitting them when using the tablet in portrait mode.

I bought the Tab S this weekend because of the amoled display but having second thoughts because of the capacitive buttons being annoying, and because i know the nexus 9 will still be up to date in 2 years.

Anyone have an opinion on if i should take the tab s back and get the nexus 9 (within the 14 day window). Also right now the 32GB Nexus 9 is 430 on amazon so i can get price matching with that and save $70.

So i was looking to buy a new table and i narrowed it down to the Nexus 9 (32GB) and Galaxy Tab S (32GB). Expandable storage isn't an issue as i have no problem using an OTG cable with the nexus 9. I've read a bunch of reviews and most of them keep listing the light bleed issue, battery life seems to vary from site to site (anywhere from 4 to 11 hrs), and it gets a little warm. I also realize that most of those reviews were done right at release and i've also read that HTC may have addressed the light bleed and buttons being hard to push. The Tab S is a samsung tablet so there's touch wiz, and waiting on samsung for os updates. Plus how long does samsung support their tablets for with updates? Capacitive buttons are annoying because i keep hitting them when using the tablet in portrait mode.

I bought the Tab S this weekend because of the amoled display but having second thoughts because of the capacitive buttons being annoying, and because i know the nexus 9 will still be up to date in 2 years.

Anyone have an opinion on if i should take the tab s back and get the nexus 9 (within the 14 day window). Also right now the 32GB Nexus 9 is 430 on amazon so i can get price matching with that and save $70.

Get the nexus 9. NOW. You will love it I guarantee it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Another vote for the Nexus 9.  I compared the two tablets myself for quite awhile.  The Galaxy screen about had me won over, but in the long run Nexus "long term" software updates and "pure" Android made the "Nine" a better deal.

Oh, I'm so glad this question was asked (and answered) since I, too, am looking to upgrade to a new tablet. I've had my Nexus 7 for a while, but it is getting laggy and often can't connect to my home wifi. Thanks! :)

well, i went back and got the nexus 9. I definitely think i like the size of it better. Which is surprising to me because i thought i wanted a bigger screen. I haven't seen any lag at all, which i did notice a little bit of lag with a couple of games on the Tab S (and definitely on the home screen for some reason?), but not with the nexus 9. The screen is, in my honest opinion, just as good as the screen on the Tab S. I will be taking this one back to exchange it however, because of light bleed and the one i got has the buttons that are hard to press. And i want to get the white one because the black really is a finger print magnet, but with best buy i will have to wait for it because i guess they don't stock those. Over all I'm much happier with the nexus 9. I didn't realize just how much i don't like touchwiz until I started using the Tab S. Thanks for the help everyone!

Edited by kmeck518