HipKat

Google Officially Announces Android 5.1 [RELEASED]

My 1st gen nexus 7 just updated to 5.1!!!! Now I hope it is better and more stable than 5.0.2

Sorry all I know this is the nexus 6 forum/thread but just excited and hope for a better lollipop experience

Edited by dBuster

My 1st gen nexus 7 just updated to 5.1!!!! Now I hope it is better and more stable than 5.0.2

Sorry all I know this is the nexus 6 forum/thread but just excited and hope for a better lollipop experience

Have you factory reset yet?

Have you factory reset yet?
Not since going to 5.1. Was to late when it finished last night upgrading.

I had factory reset twice when I was on 5.0.2...

Flashed the 5.1 LMY47E - same as D, no immediate differences.

Just thought I'd report in, it's up, running, decrypted, rooted all that good stuff.  

So far, nothing earthshattering to report.

Weird that there's no listed reason as to why an update; changes, fixes, etc

A new Android 5.1 build adds updated radio firmware and other under-the-hood changes.

Just a week after Android 5.1 first became available for the Nexus 6, Google has pushed out an updated factory image for that device. It's still Android 5.1, but with an updated build number — LMY47E, up from the older LMY47D. So what does that extra letter get you?

Well, we're seeing updated radio firmware — the software that controls stuff like cellular signals, Wifi and Bluetooth — alongside some minor changes to some files in the /system partition. (We're seeing changes in binary files relating to the text-to-speech engine, NFC and sensors.) So on the surface this would appear a relatively minor update. Nevertheless, if you're eager to update, you can grab the factory image from the source link below.

Nothing huge, major, or even obvious from what i gather.

sauce

Flashed the 5.1 LMY47E - same as D, no immediate differences.

Just thought I'd report in, it's up, running, decrypted, rooted all that good stuff.

So far, nothing earthshattering to report.

Same....I'm running the same setup. On stock kernel for now.

Cant wait to get this on the 2013 version. I dont mind rebooting it every few days but if it does what it did for the N6, im ready.

If there is a gotcha on this phone it is its want to switch back to OEM lock mode double check these settings all the time.
0249696d51d4019ea91a98b1752657c8.jpg

Well... Check them prior to flashing a ROM or anything in recovery.

I think that's the key. It doesn't have to be on to do 99% of stuff.

But important if you want to avoid a bootloop.

It doesn't relock the phone so in essence, I think it;s useless but it is odd that it switches itself off after every reboot

Oh wow so my 2012 1st gen nexus 7 that got the ota two days ago got it before the nexus 6?!

OTA's never roll out to all devices ever though. So long as it's within a few days it's fair lol. So they could release it to all Nexus devices but some will obviously get it before others. The factory images were available for the Nexus 6 first I think. 

After coming home from an out-of-town trip last night, both my Nexus 6 and 7 (2012) got the OTA upate. First did the N6, the "Waiting to download" screen hung for about 10 minutes, then finally went through the motion. I waited to do the update for N7 when I went to bed, but the "Waiting to download" screen stayed on for a long time, longer than 30 minutes. I fell asleep waiting for it! So when I woke up this morning, I finished the update. weird.

Edit: Still waiting for 5.1 on my new Nexus 9

Edited by Fallstar

It doesn't relock the phone so in essence, I think it;s useless but it is odd that it switches itself off after every reboot

Yup, I've noticed that also.  Thanks for the sanity check.  I needed one today.  lol ;)

Edited by Kevin58

What build number is yours for the OTA? I've noticed there are like 3 different builds available for 5.1 for the nexus 6.

What build number is yours for the OTA? I've noticed there are like 3 different builds available for 5.1 for the nexus 6.

I have LMY47D on my N6