Sign in to follow this  
Sparky

AllianceROM / GPS Accuracy issues

I'm running the AllianceROM with the converter. But I have noticed GPS is extremely inaccurate. I've tried downloading GPS fix apps...I tired re-downloading GPS data, Changing the gps config file. Everything and I can't seem to get GPS to be accurate. Some times It will say I'm stuck like 10 miles away and won't move for awhile. Or throw me off the road when taking a turn etc. Only thing left is flashing a new modem and trying that. I'm on N900R4TYUCNG5 modem right now. If anyone has any other ideas to get GPS to work or what modem I should flash please let me know....Alliance is NC4 and I'm on NG5 so I have no idea if that is the main cause of my problem or not. Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

I'm using the Compulsion kernel and rls8 with no problems. I just went down to SE Oklahoma yesterday and had to rely on GPS. It was right on. No problems at all. I have never flash a different modem.

I meant to say I am on Alliance build 2. Rls8 refers to Hyperdrive. GPS works great for me with both Roms.

Great...Well I asked in the main thread on XDA and they said maybe flash another modem. Only idea I had left. I already did countless re-flashes and tried Hyperdrive AND Alliance. Both GPS are way off. I don't know what else to do other than just say my GPS hardware is broke...