ajhman

Google project fi

I'd be very surprised if Verizon ever got on board with letting google use their network. At&t is a slightly better chance, but not by much. What might happen is that Sprint and USCC eventually allow for LTE roaming on each others networks, so you'd still only have access to Sprint and Tmo with Project Fi, but because of their roaming partners you'd have USCC network as well.

Which would be nice. I never suspect Verizon would agree to that. Not without a large chunk of change going their way.

You guys are making me more and more anxious to try this out.

Patiently waiting for my invite.

*twirling thumbs smashing F5*

Sent from my Nexus 6

Nope. Been waiting since the 24th.

I called their 24/7 hotline (in the app) and they're shipping ONLY to customers that need the phone and the Sim card - so those of us who already have a phone have to wait a little longer until they start shipping JUST the Sim cards.

The said they would be doing that within the week tho.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Where did you sign up for the invites?? I missed that

On the project fi homepage.

Still waiting on my invite too.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Maps says Cedar Falls has service but they are currently not offering in my area...

That's because it's what would normally be roaming coverage for T-Mobile through I.Wireless. They only mean to offer service to those who live in areas covered by Sprint or T-Mo natively.

I don't think you'll have a problem with using your device in the I.Wireless area most of the time but it may be 2G only. It remains to be seen how they will handle domestic roaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by lynyrd65

Makes sense. I have a Nexus 5 on Iwireless for the unlimited Internet so quite aware of their shortcomings.

Just had a Project Fi notification pop up asking me to activate it. It still won't activate but maybe very soon.....

Anyone else have this happen?

post-3662-0-32639600-1431264482_thumb.pn

Edited by sslowered

Just had a Project Fi notification pop up asking me to activate it. It still won't activate but maybe very soon.....

When did I first sign up? I signed up April 27 and still nothing back.

I signed up the 25th.  I have no email saying I have a invite or Sim on the way, just the notification on my phone that won't go away now..... =-

I signed up the 25th.  I have no email saying I have a invite or Sim on the way, just the notification on my phone that won't go away now..... =-

Oh Okay. I gotcha.

I had this happen after a reboot of my phone. I tried to "activate" it a couples times before I was able to swipe away the notice that I was not fully activated.

On a side note I read that if I sign up for this I'll lose my google voice number if I don't convert it over to become my google FI number. Pretty bummed about this since it like to keep that number separate for my work line and then have a personal line.

So even if I port over my personal line, I'll lose my google voice number, or vice versa. Basically I'm going to lose one of my numbers I use a lot if I want to activate this service. That's really a deal breaker for me.

Anyone else think this will be a problem for them?

Huh... Well, I still don't have an invite so... It was between VZW and Fi for my vaca service.

Fi hasn't gotten back to me and I leave in 3 days. Tick tock Google!

Sent from my Nexus 6

Why wouldn't I? When I asked for an invite I put in my zip and was in a LTE market. Everywhere around me is for the most part.

It said I'm all set and to wait. They really have no reason NOT to send one.

Sent from my Nexus 6