USCCworker

Mother's day promo

There's a new promotion which runs through Mothers day that starts today.

IPhone 6 16gb $99.99

G flex 2 $49.99

Free g pad 7.0 with any new line or when you upgrade from a basic to smartphone.

Then is it really a free gpad??? You get it free but pay, what, $10 to $40 connection charge per month for it?! So say it is a $250.00 tablet and you pay $40 a month, no let's say $10 per month, in two years you will have pretty much paid full price. Then if you pay $40 per month then you could have bought several tablets...

I wouldn't call it free.. But some suckers will go for the promo.... I really dislike how cell companies do this so called free tablet... If it is free DO NOT charge the customer a monthly connection charge instead show or teach them to tether to their cell phone for data access.... Especially if it is shared data who cares which device is using it the cell phone with a tethered tablet or the tablet itself the data will get used either way...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by dBuster

I hate this. More than anything when cell companies do this.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Its only $10 a month. Got the "free" gpad back in Nov. Knew about the connection charge though. You can think about as a free gpad with $10 lte or a $200 tablet with free lte for 2 years. In any event my wife wanted a tablet and she got one with lte for 10 a month. Worked for me. :)

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

Edited by stanley

Then is it really a free gpad?? You get it free but pay, what, $10 to $40 connection charge per month for it?! So say it is a $250.00 tablet and you pay $40 a month, no let's say $10 per month, in two years you will have pretty much paid full price. Then if you pay $40 per month then you could have bought several tablets...

I wouldn't call it free.. But some suckers will go for the promo.... I really dislike how cell companies do this so called free tablet... If it is free DO NOT charge the customer a monthly connection charge instead show or teach them to tether to their cell phone for data access.... Especially if it is shared data who cares which device is using it the cell phone with a tethered tablet or the tablet itself the data will get used either way...

The phones as well as the G Pad on sale aren't really the discounted pricing because you have to pay for the service on contract. We all know this, but if it's a service you need then it can make sense to get cheaper devices on contract.

If it doesn't make sense, pay full price or buy used and go prepaid. Nobody is twisting your arm either way, even through it can feel like they are to get the coolest devices.

So they should just hand out a $250 tablet and tell people to tether? How do you stay in business handing out $250 tablets?
Typical thinking of today's world,everyone thinks somebody owes them something.

Also there is no such thing as a $40 connection fee per month for tablets. It is $10
$40 connection fee is on smartphones only. 

Edited by Ace3166

They make it *sound* like that's how it works.

Fine print and asking for details would solve this confusion.

Sent from my Nexus 6

The point is they say it's free. Not that Hey you can have this free tablet, BUTTTT you have to pay $10 a month for LTE. Which honestly isn't bad. But yes it covers the cost of the tablet. But you could think of it this way, you pay for the tablet over 2 years so $10/month is much more affordable than $250 up front for some people. Sure if you can't afford $250 right now you may not want to spend money on technology, but hey who am I to judge I'm a poor college student. 

So they should just hand out a $250 tablet and tell people to tether? How do you stay in business handing out $250 tablets?

Typical thinking of today's world,everyone thinks somebody owes them something.

Also there is no such thing as a $40 connection fee per month for tablets. It is $10

$40 connection fee is on smartphones only.

Never would I do a deal like this so I did not know the connection charges were only $10, which is to much for a "free" tablet.

Next, like it has been said this is not a free tablet and is so misleading in my opinion. Free should mean just that no fine print that you must put it on a $10 connection charge per month for a data plan as then it isn't free... Sure you don't pay anything at first but as long as you have that tablet on your account you are paying $10 a month. so if someone has the tablet say 4 years then they just paid $480.00 plus the applicable taxes for that tablet. We have had both of our same tablets for over 4 years for one and 5 for the other and still use them daily as an example... Or does the connection charge become free after you have so called paid for the "free" tablet?

How do you stay in business handing out $250 tablets you all, well word of mouth, no connection charge and a free tablet you will attract new customers or existing customers to stay. Plus you could, if you must, do no connection charge for two years then when you renew the plan after the two year commitment then the charge applies. Plus sell them the same over priced accessories for the tablet that will help pay for some of the cost of that tablet....

Teaching customers to tether their tablets might be pushing the limits of some csr's but it would show the customers that the company cares about their customers or at least are trying to care. Which is so lacking in business today.

Seriously society today has become nothing but crooks trying to rip everyone off. Free if your going to use it should be free, no fine print, come out and say instead of free say "no up front charges for the tablet just the monthly connection charge instead as long as you have the tablet on your account". Then show them the cost of buying the $250 tablet out right versus paying the monthly connection charge for x amount of years or months...

I know it isn't you, the employees of USCellular that come up with these it is the over paid corporate marketing departments out to as I say rip the consumer off... It is sickening though to see "free" not really be free... :(

Out to rip the consumer off? Isn't it the consumers responsibility to see how they are spending their money?
It's called personal responsibility, which has also went out the door in today's society Must suck going through life thinking everyone is out to rip you off.
If you can't afford to pay an extra $10 a month, you probably shouldn't have a tablet or smartphone for that matter in the first place.

Connection fees are clearly posted on their site right below their data plan pricing.

http://www.uscellular.com/uscellular/plans/showPlans.jsp;jsessionid=-OfQ+ObJheURDYwWb1rU6w**.a8p1?plan-selector-type=shared&type=plans

Yeah, we did have this brought up some time ago, around when it first launched.

It's not "free" as there's a monthly connection fee - and you have to commit to a 2-year agreement on it. totaling $240 over the full 24 months.

But the tablet does NOT cost anything up front and there's no payment plan for it, so technically the tablet is free, but the service is not.

Tricky wording, but they pull this s**t all the time.

Lol, this is all too funny. It's not free, it's $0.01, and no matter how many different ways I try to look at it I don't see how this is any different than getting a phone for $.01 with a 2 year agreement. This is how things have worked for as long back as I can remember and it being a tablet rather than a phone shouldn't make that any different.

I look at a tablet as something that does not need to be on a data plan. Guess I am smarter than many and if my tablet needs data I just tether it.. No need to pay $10 extra to someone ... Would rather pay outright for the tablet as what happens after 24 months, does this company honestly remove the charge, no they don't at least I don't think they do so then your posting well more than $240.00 for a tablet probably worth only that... all because you wanted something for free, err 1 cent...

Here is a question for you employees, when can one take that tablet off of their data plan without incurring more charges? 24 months?

I guess I will never see eye to eye with the employees here... Honestly some of the business practices now a days are a major joke...

I agree that IMO also that a tablet, again, IMO, is something that doesn't natively have data itself.

It uses WiFi or tethering - but that's all I've ever used or owned, and personally - I'd never buy a data tablet. WiFi only for me. I UAE them far too infrequently to justify a data connection

Sent from my Nexus 6

The G Pad 7.0 Wifi only is selling for $131.25 at time of writing. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MHI0QGQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

So a 24 month contract would be $10 + $1.82 reg fee + taxes/fees per month = $283.68 + taxes vs $131.25 + taxes if you don't want LTE.

Just for infromational purposes. =-X

Wow over paying roughly $150.00 for a "free" (1 cent) tablet... Hmmm scratching my head on this one....

;)

The G Pad 7.0 Wifi only is selling for $131.25 at time of writing. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MHI0QGQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

So a 24 month contract would be $10 + $1.82 reg fee + taxes/fees per month = $283.68 + taxes vs $131.25 + taxes if you don't want LTE.

Wow over paying roughly $150.00 for a "free" (1 cent) tablet... Hmmm scratching my head on this one....

;)

So when you get a penny phone, do you consider that free?

Some people don't have that $150 at one time either.  Do ya'll argue with banks about "interest" on loans and such so that they stay in business?  No.  Yea, I hear ya'll moaning that "but they tell you the interest rate".... whoopdee doo.  US Celular tells you the connection fee.  It's NOT hidden.  Same damn difference.  Seriously, for the love of (whatever higher power you believe in) get the heck over it...

To be fair I do argue with banks about interest. Otherwise they are free to give you any rate they want and you just take it. If I could get away with arguing to the point of them not making money on my note, then you bet your as* I'm going to do it.

Banks are literally scum. They don't deserve to be breathing the way a lot of them do business. To be fair!

/off topic rant.

But Adams right.

If it seems too good to be true then it probably is.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Some people don't have that $150 at one time either. Do ya'll argue with banks about "interest" on loans and such so that they stay in business? No. Yea, I hear ya'll moaning that "but they tell you the interest rate".... whoopdee doo. US Celular tells you the connection fee. It's NOT hidden. Same damn difference. Seriously, for the love of (whatever higher power you believe in) get the heck over it...

I do agree but do banks say or advertise free $150? I don't think so... Sure it isn't hidden but if they aren't trying to cover it in fine print then say for a $10 a month connection fee get a tablet.

Plus if I don't have the cash to buy something outright like a tablet I don't get it as like it has been said if it is too good to be true it probably is a rip off.

;)

So when you get a penny phone, do you consider that free?
I believe you said it was free in your original post. You didn't come out saying free but with a data connection fee of $10 per month or a penny... I did not see the fine print on your original post... Hmmm an employee saying free without disclosing the fine print or related charges.... Scratching my head now a representative of the company saying free without truly disclosing the other fine print...

There's a new promotion which runs through Mothers day that starts today.

IPhone 6 16gb $99.99

G flex 2 $49.99

Free g pad 7.0 with any new line or when you upgrade from a basic to smartphone.

Oh but that is right this is the internet and you have to believe everything. Does it come with a piece of the London bridge as an accessory? ;)

Umm I have always paid for my phones... Wish I had a penny phone... Almost got a penny phone once but that was a subsidized price and i know that i am actually paying for that device with my plan at the time. Plus that was for a phone not a tablet that doesnt need cellular data or a cellular connection... But then again I will never have an iPhone...

I still have that question pending, after 24 months does the charge for that tablet automatically come off of the customers account?

Now Adam, please lock this thread as we can go back and forth until the end of time. Can we agree on that at least? I have my beliefs that companies are out to rip us all off and then you have others who think the koolaid tastes good, sorry, then there are others who like what the companies are doing.... *cough* It just gets my goat when someone puts the word free out there when it isn't truly free whether in the fine print or not. Be open and honest about it your company will be better off....

Sent from my nexus 7 tablet using WiFi only and not having to pay for cellular data thank goodness.

Edited by dBuster