Jayfi

[How To] GSM unlock S6

I unlocked s6, enable gsm,but after hard reset it set on CDMA again,how to save gsm ? I mean after hard reset will stay in gsm.

Update to the latest firmware and you won't need to enter servicemenu every time you want to enable GSM.

i set on 7 “LTE/GSM MODE ONLY”.  LTE/UMTS/GSM no in options also set in pref mode set gsm_wcdma_ony play with another option but  gsm not add in network mode,in 5.02 version it worked ,but when i update it on  version g920r4tyu2b0f7 cant add gsm .

Edited by Mishikogsm

i set on 7 “LTE/GSM MODE ONLY”.  LTE/UMTS/GSM no in options also set in pref mode set gsm_wcdma_ony play with another option but  gsm not add in network mode,in 5.02 version it worked ,but when i update it on  version g920r4tyu2b0f7 cant add gsm .

You're on the wrong firmware if LTE/UMTS/GSM isn't present in options.

Get the latest, stock, unrooted rom and GSM will work again.

That easy, Dave.

Using the Change APN app....anyone got this before? Using T-Mobile sim.

"unable to view access point name settings. Access is restricted for the current user profile"

I've tested with T-mobile sim On S6 and Note 5 from US Cell and data/voice works. but not text. Any insights on how to fix. Text fails. Using google hangouts as default text also fails.

It's undoubtedly an APN issue. Make sure you have the correct one. If you still struggle try chomp SMS where you can put the APN directly in the app.

It's not an APN issue as I have stated data works fine. APN is for data and picture messaging because they use MMSC and MMS proxy. This is just simple SMS. I can receive SMS text but cannot compose and send any SMS without it failing using T-Mobile and Lycamobile (2 different carriers using T-Mobile towers).

1 hour ago, Noremy said:

Has anyone tried this with Cricket Wireless? If so what did you do?

I don't have the USC GS6 anymore, I got a Verizon GS6 now but...

Cricket is just AT&T re seller, So will work perfectly as advertised in this forum. The same with all the other GSM carriers.

Off-Topic: I just got a Cricket sim last week, whenever I get around to activating it, I'm going to use it for data. Cricket is the first i've seen who are now actually offering true unlimited LTE (throttled to about 8mbps but that's plenty enough for me!!).

22 hours ago, alphatech said:

pls i need help for unlock g920r4

read the forum and you will know how to do it. the very thread you posted in tells you how