PakRatJR

LGG4 preorder

Nice. I wonder how many belief points I would need to upgrade early? Got the G3 the day USCC released it. Not sure what else to use all of my points for.

Hehehe....I got my G3 on release as well. Burned all my points on that. I'm trying to decide now if I want to buy one outright or just stay on my G3 for a while.

i can't believe it's only $99 dollars with a 2-year contract. Are LG phones as sturdy as Samsung and easy to root? We have an upgrade available and i was going to give my wife my Note 4 and delve into the LG world with this phone.

i can't believe it's only $99 dollars with a 2-year contract. Are LG phones as sturdy as Samsung and easy to root? We have an upgrade available and i was going to give my wife my Note 4 and delve into the LG world with this phone.

Yes and no. Sturdy wise? I would say so. Easy to root and rom selection? Not even close. The G3 only has 2 (from what I can tell) roms out right now. Rooting (in the beginning at least) was a pain and a half, plus your left arm. 

Great phones, great software, just no real aftermarket firmware environment. 

Yes and no. Sturdy wise? I would say so. Easy to root and rom selection? Not even close. The G3 only has 2 (from what I can tell) roms out right now. Rooting (in the beginning at least) was a pain and a half, plus your left arm. 

Great phones, great software, just no real aftermarket firmware environment. 

You've made up my mind. Sticking with my Note 4 and will consider an S6, just hate the lack of an external SD card.

Obviously you werent around when we were rooting the G3...

Here's how I would describe it;

Imagine if you had a hemorrhoid (the G3), and you were on an an overnight flight (obtaining root), following me?  Now, say said hemorrhoid was acting up and you got economy class seats.  Then, once you can't sleep because it hurts, you hit turbulence only 3 hours into the flight and the seat belt light is now on - youre stuck.

The drink cart hasn't been by, the guy next to you is snoring, you're in pain and stuck for the next 6 hours.  Captain says the jetstream is giving the plane a nose wind and the flight will be 1 hour longer than expected, turbulence ends when youre on final approach - then you land, and youre at the wrong airport.

That, my friends, is what it was like to root the G3. 

Personally, I would wait for someone with a G3 to chime in. Ask Rub or anyone else who was there when we were trying to figure out root for the G3. 

Obviously you werent around when we were rooting the G3...

Here's how I would describe it;

Imagine if you had a hemorrhoid (the G3), and you were on an an overnight flight (obtaining root), following me?  Now, say said hemorrhoid was acting up and you got economy class seats.  Then, once you can't sleep because it hurts, you hit turbulence only 3 hours into the flight and the seat belt light is now on - youre stuck.

The drink cart hasn't been by, the guy next to you is snoring, you're in pain and stuck for the next 6 hours.  Captain says the jetstream is giving the plane a nose wind and the flight will be 1 hour longer than expected, turbulence ends when youre on final approach - then you land, and youre at the wrong airport.

That, my friends, is what it was like to root the G3. 

This is quite possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever read. 

I still haven't decided if I want to upgrade yet or not but I have been looking and still haven't found anything as far as how to order one yet.

Last I looked, it ain't even mentioned anywhere on the website yet.

Edit: Never mind. Just looked and it is their now.

http://www.uscellular.com/devices/phones/lg-g4-black.html?productId=prod3780151

Black leather, grey or gold. If I understand correctly, $610 otd for leather, $590 for grey or gold, plus $100 mail in rebate on all three.

Sent while swerving from my LGG3 using tapatalk

Edited by PakRatJR

It was on there yesterday. It's actually down past all the S6, iPhones and Notes.

LOL....thanks, it figures..the one day I didn't look is when it showed up ::)

If only it was easy to root, that would be perfect. 

Lets hope that it will be. That is one of the reasons I have yet to try and hand my money over 8)

What day will these be available in corporate stores?

Oh, and it figures this deal is actually $199 on 2 year contract, with $100 rebate in the form of a $100 debit card, which as with all things US Cellular is only good for US Cellular purchases. Always a catch. I verified that info with USCC customer service last night :(

Edited by xRogerxC

My understanding is it should be in stores on 6-5. This Friday.

Edited by PakRatJR

I read some where, no to throw this in there but, I read that the processor on the g4 leaves something to be desired... It isn't the greatest something about it.. Now if my mind could remember where I read that.

The G4 uses the Snapdragon 808 processor instead of the newer 810. Supposedly due to the 810 getting too hot and/or sucking too much juice.

From the reviews I have been watching, the general consensus is that it don't really seem to make a whole lot of difference with the overall speed of the phone.  The last few I have seen have actually been about if it is worth upgrading from the G3 or not.

So far I still don't know if I will be upgrading or not :-[

What day will these be available in corporate stores?

Oh, and it figures this deal is actually $199 on 2 year contract, with $100 rebate in the form of a $100 debit card, which as with all things US Cellular is only good for US Cellular purchases. Always a catch. I verified that info with USCC customer service last night :(

You were given incorrect info. Rebate comes as a Mastercard debit card and can be used anywhere.

I can second this ^^

Its a prepaid card that literally anywhere that takes a CC will take it. I've gotten them before.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Anyone know how many belief points it'd take to upgrade early? Not sure how many I have exactly but last time I checked it was around 35000.

Anyone know how many belief points it'd take to upgrade early? Not sure how many I have exactly but last time I checked it was around 35000.

Just checked it while logged in to my account and it was showing 36,400 for points. I don't know if that is for a upgrade on contract or not tho.

Do they had these in store yet. I heard Verizon removed a lot of the nice software. Will US Cellular do the same thing?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk