BoгИX

Anyone get the 5.1 OTA update?

Were there any soak testers that are mergers here for the 2nd gen moto x's that can chime in on this?

I know the 1st gens are still having some issues with the 5.1 version we are testing. Random reboots bring a major one in my opinion.

Edited by dBuster

itoo know that the first gen is having issues, anyone know how the second gen is taking it?

also shouldnt the update be pushed out now? last time an update showed on their page it went live immediately.

ljohn, you have a first and second gen x? Lucky you if you do! I am wishing I could find a KitKat 2nd gen as a replacement to my 1st gen so I can unlock the bootloader prior to taking lollipoop...

Since I can't help but act like I'm 11 sometimes, I need to mention this...

The post directly above mine, about "soaking 5.1" and "you're in there too" - made me chuckle because that reads FAR dirtier than it really should.

So ljohn what do you think of thuerta on the soak? Reports no problems then comes back with something on another thread...

Wonder if thuerta is a member here.,..

Yeah thuerta is weird. I'm not sure if its his device. He might just have accepted it for a friend.

I'm glad I could make you chuckle hahaha

I'm l.j210 btw

I kinda thought so. You know that app Motorola sissy no longer is on the play store, I think it was replaced by something else.

I have not checked in the last 24 hours for any random reboots. Hopefully they have settled down.

I still have to do the double swipe to unlock at times. Then the double tap of the home key to get back to the main screen is still occurring. Funny though it doesn't do it from all apps at least I haven't noticed.

Cellular standby still eats up my battery like crazy even over screen! I think I had cellular standby registering at 54% the other day with my screen only being 5% with over two hours of screen on time!

Sad thing though, we have not heard much from the Motorola staff regarding anything! I really would like to unlock this device and or a 2nd gen if I replace this one so I can root and try to have a real mute meaning muting ALL sounds not just ringers or notifications.... I guess that is a short coming from Google with this release of android. Now if profile app writers would have it do a full mute I would be happy and would replace moto assist...

Has anyone tried updating with Motorola Device Manager? Its giving me troubles on Windows 8.1 x64

Never has worked on my 2nd Gen X. I always manual flash with mfastboot.

Btw. Has anyone seen the complete update for 5.1 in download form? Going to need it to get back to stock & to flash manually.

I don't know if anyone has gotten the ota yet so I don't think the full ROM is out yet.

Edited by ljohn

Update may be being soak tested if I understand this google plus post

"Things are starting to heat up when it comes to the 5.1 Lollipop upgrades. Moto X (2nd Gen) and Moto G w/4G LTE(1st Gen) in Brazil retail was approved for full deployment.

In addition, Moto X (2nd Gen) for USC and Moto X Pure Edition in the US, along with Moto X (1st Gen) in Brazil retail started soak test."

If it is being soak tested it should show up in 2-7 days on all devices.

Source:

https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/7gyi8NQZTZB

Possibly today if this reddit user is telling the truth.

"Soak test started a week ago, and full rollout starts on the 28th. I work for usc and also own a 14X"

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/MotoX/comments/37dj0l/android_51_ota_rolling_out_to_2nd_gen_moto_x_and/

Edited by ljohn

We have been soak testing for over a month now haven't we? Wonder when this will be ironed out...

I am really not happy with what google did with lollipoop but it isn't that bad on the x... Although some claim a factory reset helps but then again how many will want to do that to get a stable device.

Battery life seems to be less than what it was on KitKat but with cellular standby gobbling battery resources what can we do...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk and not requiring a separate data plan to the tablet

Actually we are in a test drive. Test drives can last for a month or more. Open up that google plus post I linked above. Its explains the difference.

Actually we are in a test drive. Test drives can last for a month or more. Open up that google plus post I linked above. Its explains the difference.

Okay this is my third or fourth soak test and never heard it explained like that before. Interesting how this now has come to light.

I still say we have been soak testing but if someone wants to call it something else then that is their choice.

Since we are in a so called test drive, when will we move into the soak test phase then I wonder.... Will this move to the "soak test" phase we should see another push of something or will it just be transitioned silently no pushes or notifications.

Side note, thuerta all of a sudden has issues... I am laughing...

Yeah same. This is my 3rd or fourth as well. If I'm not mistaken the test drive program is very new.

And yeah I don't know what's up with thuerta hahaha

Interesting. Has anyone had any luck with pulling the update yet?

dbuster

Do you notice the touch input lag on the 1st gen?