BoгИX

Anyone get the 5.1 OTA update?

actually I have had no lag on touch input.  Actually on my X it seems like the touch input was always sensitive and has not been an issue.  sensitive like I can get my finger close and don't think I have touched it but the phone registered a touch...  but no lag...  

I don't think anyone will get the update until we are done with our test period what ever we want to call it.  I think the motorola crew is still digesting the whole thing.  

Edited by dBuster

You think that the 1st gen soak will affect how long it takes the 2nd gen to be released?

I don't think it will.... Actually I am surprised the 2nd gen isn't already there...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk and not requiring a separate data plan to the tablet

With the new issues coming to light with the 1st gen I wonder how the testing is going with the 2nd gen... Any testers care to chime in? Or do we not have any forum members testing, soaking, the next lollipoop release for the second gen?

The strange thing to me is the us cellular website says the current version is 5.1. They always updated the site after the updates were being pushed in the past.

If you notice here I motorola's forums that it says "select users" can now download the 5.1 ota. Whereas some of the other ones say all users

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/a28b48456c

And according to Mark the Forums manager

"If you see "Select" users that means we're Soak testing with members of the General public either through focused Motorola Feedback Network and/or randomly selected users, depending on the configuration of the device mentioned.

Mark

Forums Manager"

Edited by ljohn

Hey buster, will you try out that thing I mentioned in the moto forums about the Facebook messenger?

I don't Facebook messenger on my phone... I suppose I could add it to try it but not sure who I would send a video to...

You can teat to me if you want. I'll PM you my info if you want.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Moto engineer David Schuster said

Jun 7th

I wanted to give an update on where we are with the Moto X (2nd Gen) soak testing. We ended up detecting an issue that we want to correct prior to moving to full deployment. We already have identified the fix and are in the process of testing internally this coming week and expect to submit to carrier labs for a quick approval the following week.

Did you hear something? I haven't. If I do I'll come post here immediately, as I always have. Have faith, young Padawan.

Everybody, okay more of the testers possibly not all, seems

to be having issues now... Will be interesting how it plays out with the testing.

I can say that while not on a WiFi connection my battery isn't eaten up by cellular standby..... My battery life yesterday on the 24 hours of my 1000 Mike motorcycle trip was great until I dropped out of cellular coverage. I departed the last stop of the first 520 mile leg with 47% battery then when I left that last stop without any cell coverage I was down to 25%... Took just an hour and no use.. Today will be another 200 mile day and I will be watching my battery...