BoгИX

Anyone get the 5.1 OTA update?

Is it?  I just got my invite today, and it was just formally announced.  Maybe it went out to select users before, but this is the real deal.  Won't be long now.

Interesting... So they had a select few doing the test drive now invite more for the soak...

Wonder if they have a different push for the soak than what has been test driven so far.

There have been issues arising lately with the test drive on the 1st gen. Battery life and reboots and devices waking up on their own dialing in their own, all bad stuff in my opinion...

I just want to unlock this thing and get root so I can use exposed to get a true mute back on the device instead of a select mute of only some things...

Interesting... So they had a select few doing the test drive now invite more for the soak...

Wonder if they have a different push for the soak than what has been test driven so far.

There have been issues arising lately with the test drive on the 1st gen. Battery life and reboots and devices waking up on their own dialing in their own, all bad stuff in my opinion...

I just want to unlock this thing and get root so I can use exposed to get a true mute back on the device instead of a select mute of only some things...

You're not allowed to root when you're soak testing!  It's a breach of the nondisclosure agreement!  

But remember:

The first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club.

What's this "root" you speak of?

Seems like a hoax. 4chan hackery at it again!

Sent from my Nexus 6

Moto X 2014 has root/recovery (TWRP) for 4.4.4, 5.0.2, and also 5.1...

So does Moto X 2013.  As long as you unlocked your bootloader on KitKat, that is.

Where you at Rub?

Yeah unlocking the bootloader is what is holding me up.

As far as rooting while test driving or soak testing they all know I want to since assist doesn't work the same and actually the assist app was removed from the play store, not sure if it was due to it not working correctly with lollipoop or what. With rooting I can run something to get me that true mute we were used to with KitKat.

Now they do need to still get that bootloader unlocking back so we can unlock the bootloader. I didn't unlock prior to the testing...

Well looks like 5.1 is here. Just got the update notice.

On 2nd gen? Were you signed up to soak test? Or is this the push to all?

Strange how one just got a soak invite now they push to all if it is the true push...

Let us know if Motorola has the unlock bootloader option back in the settings like they said they would with 5.1... As someone shared earlier. I know on the 1st gen it isn't there with our test drive 5.1 version...

Well looks like 5.1 is here. Just got the update notice.

On 2nd gen? Were you signed up to soak test? Or is this the push to all?

Strange how one just got a soak invite now they push to all if it is the true push...

Let us know if Motorola has the unlock bootloader option back in the settings like they said they would with 5.1... As someone shared earlier. I know on the 1st gen it isn't there with our test drive 5.1 version...

All, I guess. I'm not signed up for anything. It just showed up this morning.

And yes, it has the oem unlocking option

Edited by cj72

Strange thing happened since the update. I got home from work and decided to restart my phone and when I did it got stuck activating my phone with a picture of a sim card and I couldn't make a call. Dialing *228 fixed it but it sure had me worried for a few minutes.

By the way, I can't tell much difference except for the cool drop down on the WiFi tile that allows you to select the network, same for Bluetooth. It also has a sim toolkit and a mobile hotspot app. (They might have been there before but I'm old and can't remember)

The way it handles sounds is totally different. I believe Moto assist is no longer it is some other app now that has assist abilities.

The ability to restrict background data is broken, at least in testing it is broken.

Anyone care to test the restrict background data on their x?

There are lots of differences you will come to notice... If coming from KitKat that is.

I still have to do the double swipe to unlock my x and when exciting an app it doesn't take me to the home screen all the time and I have to hit home a second time.

Maybe these things only plague the 1st gen but I heard some of these played the 2nd gen also...

Mine seems fine, but the battery life is still bad some days.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong it seems to run fine just getting used to the lollipoop crap is the biggest headache.

The assist not muting fully like it did with KitKat is a lollipoop issue not the x.

The double tap home to get to the home screen is a lollipoop issue, happens on my nexus 7 tablet also.

The restricting background data is still up for debate as I have not heard anyone else testing it to see if it will still restrict background data. Well maybe take that back I think ljohn tested it and it failed for him also...

The lack of the developers unlock bootloader option, 1st gen devices still do not have that ability.

There's are some apps that are acting funny but that could be the result of the system webview junk causing that...

Then there aree the random reboots.. Although I have not had one in 3 days, knock on wood...

Then the battery life with the cellular standby eating up the battery the most. but a funny thing, turn off WiFi for me and battery life improves without cellular standby eating up sometimes 60% of the battery. Motorola engineers asked for screen shots showing the signal strength with that standby app... Not sure what is going on with that but they asked for it.

Whew tapatalk crashed and thought I lost this post... Thank goodness it was still there...

Little quirks like having to go in to settings and force close my tunein app if I had used it once already... Or rebooting also clears it up.

Voice controls over Bluetooth still to me is undecided. I used it or tried to use it on my 1100 mile motorcycle ride this past weekend and it would work once then I would have to pull out the phone and exit the screen it was on before I could give another command. Of course I would have to wait for a stop before I could take out the phone to clear the screen so I gave up on the second day of trying to use it...

To me though if your going to release an update everything should work not this hit or miss garbage...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk and not requiring a separate data plan to the tablet

Is 5.1 out for all? I'm in the soak right now. System version 23.16.3 Build lpe23.32-21.3

Also dbuster I can confirm that bootloader unlock is back

TThe muting issue is a result of how lollipop handles sounds and notifications.

That is what I said wasn't it?

And from the sounds of it everyone with a 2nd gen moto x is getting the 5.1 update.