techgeek88

Switching phones, S4 wifi only, and other questions

Bear with me as I have about 3 main questions.

1. Can I switch between phones that I already own that have been on the network in the past for free and how does it work?

2. Can I use an S4 as a wifi only device? And if so, do I remove the SIM card and just factory reset it to avoid any trouble with my account and to make sure it isn't connected to anything but wifi?

3. If my S4 isn't on the latest OS (4.4.4), can I update it using Kies as a wifi only (since I hear I can't get an OTA) without a SIM?

Here's my plan. I'd ultimately like to have an iPhone and something running android with me at all times. I can't afford two lines. I don't really want to switch back and forth but am curious on the ability. I think I'd like to use my iPhone as a hotspot and connect the S4 as wifi only to it and have two "phones" with me at all times.

I really love my iPhone 6, and I love Android too, so I'd like for this to work lol.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by techgeek88

Bear with me as I have about 3 main questions.

1. Can I switch between phones that I already own that have been on the network in the past for free and how does it work?

2. Can I use an S4 as a wifi only device? And if so, do I remove the SIM card and just factory reset it to avoid any trouble with my account and to make sure it isn't connected to anything but wifi?

3. If my S4 isn't on the latest OS (4.4.4), can I update it using Kies as a wifi only (since I hear I can't get an OTA) without a SIM?

Here's my plan. I'd ultimately like to have an iPhone and something running android with me at all times. I can't afford two lines. I don't really want to switch back and forth but am curious on the ability. I think I'd like to use my iPhone as a hotspot and connect the S4 as wifi only to it and have two "phones" with me at all times.

I really love my iPhone 6, and I love Android too, so I'd like for this to work lol.

Thanks for the help.

1.) Yes you can always switch between any phone that will work on USCC. As long as the iPhone you are getting is USCC it will work and you can deactivate your S4 and activate you iPhone. Process is very simple for an in store tech or via the phone. 

2.) Of course! With it being deactivated you shouldn't run into any problems. But if you want to be super dooper extra safe that is a good idea. Back up anything first of course.

3.) You can take OTA's over Wifi, or you can manually update via Kies or just manually flash it with Odin. Most of us here can help you with either.