PakRatJR

Has anyone got one yet? My thoughts on things

It's not the OS. It's LGs decision to combine the ringer volume and notifying volumes. Which i admit is bloody annoying..

You can unlink them without root with a bit of software called Volume Control (persist) on the play store.. But it requires an in app purchase after like 24 hours

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

You know after reading your post again you are saying that lg "combined" ringer and notification together and that is what my wife wants but on her g4 they are not, for her the notifications are tired to media so when she plays a game she turns down the volume, media, then when she is done if she doesn't turn the sound, media, back up you do not hear the notifications for text messages, etc go off.

Basically I wish lollipoop would handle the sound just like KitKat! Then it would solve world peace and end beheadings and make us one great plant!

Good drugs huh? ;)

That's never happened to me my Nexus has different volumes for phone and media. I always have media volume down but I also rarely have my phone on ring anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Exactly.. Which is why i said it's not the OS. I also have a nexus device tablet and the volumes are not combined on lollipop at all.

The fact you CAN seperate the volumes without root using a third party app also strengthens the fact it's the manufacturer and not Google's OS that is imposing the limitation for simplicity's sake.

It's not the OS. It's LGs decision to combine the ringer volume and notifying volumes. Which i admit is bloody annoying..

You can unlink them without root with a bit of software called Volume Control (persist) on the play store.. But it requires an in app purchase after like 24 hours

You know after reading your post again you are saying that lg "combined" ringer and notification together and that is what my wife wants but on her g4 they are not, for her the notifications are tired to media so when she plays a game she turns down the volume, media, then when she is done if she doesn't turn the sound, media, back up you do not hear the notifications for text messages, etc go off.

Basically I wish lollipoop would handle the sound just like KitKat! Then it would solve world peace and end beheadings and make us one great plant!

Good drugs huh? ;)

That's never happened to me my Nexus has different volumes for phone and media. I always have media volume down but I also rarely have my phone on ring anyway.

Then tell us what the trick is to have the notifications ring tones use the same volume as the main ringer?!

Exactly.. Which is why i said it's not the OS. I also have a nexus device tablet and the volumes are not combined on lollipop at all.

The fact you CAN seperate the volumes without root using a third party app also strengthens the fact it's the manufacturer and not Google's OS that is imposing the limitation for simplicity's sake.

Good drugs huh? ;)

Then tell us what the trick is to have the notifications ring tones use the same volume as the main ringer?!
You are not reading that are you? You said they are linked and I am telling you on my wife's g4 on lollipoop her ringer is turned up and never changes. Still with me?

Then she plays a game and lowers the "media" volume. After she is done with the game her phone calls still ring through nice and loud but text message notifications are silenced and the ONLY thing she has silenced on her phone is MEDIA.

Still with me now? On her device they clearly are NOT linked. My Moto x is the same way... Maybe the nexus devices are different and yours if totally different... Or we have two defective different manufacturer phones...

I would rather see a notifications volume setting, a ringer setting and then media setting and have them independently set in the volumes but when you use the volume button have all of them go up or down together... just like KitKat

Edited by dBuster

Does she turn the volume down before or after starting the game?

She turns it down when in the game, after the game is running

Can you get a screenshot of the volume page when it happens?

Volume page? She doesn't go into settings then volume to adjust when she is in a game. Are you just talking about when she lowers the volume? Or after the game but before she raises it?

Volume page? She doesn't go into settings then volume to adjust when she is in a game. Are you just talking about when she lowers the volume? Or after the game but before she raises it?

After she is done playing the game before she raises it.

Battery full is a system sound, so I turned them down to keep the battery charge sounds away.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

Battery full is a system sound, so I turned them down to keep the battery charge sounds away.

Okay how does one do that? Does the lg have a separate volume setting for system sounds?

Yes. Settings / sound / touch feedback & system.

She does not have touch feedback and system in her sound and notification area in settings

I'm sorry, it's settings / sound & notification / volume / touch feedback & system.

Or press volume control switch on back then tap the settings icon.

Edited by CooForMe