Dalmus

So.. How do you REALLY like the S6?

So I'm eligible for an upgrade (8 month early, thanks to some back and forth with the USCC  social services team).

I currently have an S4 that I've been generally happy with, but it kinda long in the tooth and showing its wear.

I'm torn between moving to the S5 (because of the SD card support, superior battery life) and moving to the S6 (newest and shiniest phone).

For those who have come from the S4, is the S6 enough of an imporovement over the S5 to make up for the lack of SD support and (reported) poorer battery life?

Thanks for any opnions you share!

I like the S6 for a lot of reasons. I'll start there.

BUT - if you need more than 32GB of storage then you're better off with the S5.

I'd be content with 32GB on board - having lost the SD slot of my Nexus 6 hasn't been the huge PITA I kinda felt it would be.

But, you may be different. So, if 32GB is ample, S6 all the way. If you somehow need more than that at all times, get an S5.

Threads that already address your concerns:

http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/index.php?/topic/8356-Phone-suggestions-needed

And

http://teamuscellular.com/Forum/index.php?/topic/8404-Question-about-hard-powering-off-an-S6

Sent from my Nexus 6

I like my S6, I wasn't ready to give up my S5, but the digital optimizer went out on it and the screen went completely black so I had to purchase a new phone. I've had it for a few months now and I have to say its great. I have having some issues on my S5 with Lollipop that were just a bit annoying. I haven't rooted it yet or anything. I don't like the Iphone vibe it gives, luckily its far superior to the Iphone as far as function goes. I'm super happy to have the old charging port back, I personally HATE the charging port on the S5 and many other agree hence going back, and I'm a little disappointed I can't put my SD card in it. Eventually I'll just fix my S5 and use it as a music device as thats the only space issue I have. I personally adore it over my S5 and it blows my S4 out of the water. Benchmarks are amazing and soar over other phones. I think unless you have a storage issue the S6 is by far better than the S5 and not just the newest and shiniest, I had my reservations about it for that very reason. 

I've not got uscc anymore but I got the vzw s6 edge and love the phone. I don't think there should be anymore difference between Verizon 6edge and the uscc s6 edge

Piece of junk. Just quits receiving and sending texts arbitrarily. Had it more than 2 weeks or I would take it back.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Piece of junk. Just quits receiving and sending texts arbitrarily. Had it more than 2 weeks or I would take it back.

Must be user error.

Must be user error.

That's not really needed. 

I actually love mine. I'm on Verizon and went all out on a 128 gig but now I don't have to worry about stolen SD cards. The removable back I miss cause I liked to carry an extra battery with me. The wireless charging is good for nights as I usually have it in my hands at all time anyway. The fast charger is a huge plus but I come from a note 3 i swear I think I can be on this longer than the note 3 alot longer even before needing charging. I thought i was gonna be sick when I heard the s6+ was going to come out nut laughed when I heard no Ir blaster that's a big deal for me. It's bright outside compared to how phones use to be. I like the older ear buds better for the tight fit and more bass I've heard it has ram issues... Having to rewright stuff but I don't notice it i thought after note 3 I'd never go to a smaller phone... But id have to say now... A phone would have to type what I think without typing it before I'd give it up that easy. Dont remember if I mentioned the side bar... With what little is offered, I could live without mine is gold. Love the color with a uag smoke case which I like and just my thoughts, when I hear people put the those down, I feel they are just antisamsung or jealous they don't have it. Sorry, this is just my opinion and dont mean to pass anyone off