Sign in to follow this  
elliejo2

iPhone 5S - Unlockable? Can you determine variant?

Question

Bad Esn Iphone paid 15$ for it, working on a carrier unlock...made alot of progress.. need to know if this phone is Sprint Variant? Nobody in my country seems to heard of US Cellular ....please help 

9 answers to this question

Bad Esn Iphone paid 15$ for it, working on a carrier unlock...made alot of progress.. need to know if this phone is Sprint Variant? Nobody in my country seems to heard of US Cellular ....please help

It will not work at all on sprint sorry to say.

Sent from my Space-G iPhone

U.S. Cellular has one of the most relaxed unlocking policies of all the carriers, just call their customer support number, request a SIM unlock, and give them the MEID number from your phone.

If it has a bad ESN no carrier will activate it.

Why does it matter if its from Sprint? That makes literally NO difference. They're all the same phone.

Edited title. Idk why it says Unlockable? OP never asks about that. Don't really know what OP wants.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If it has a bad ESN no carrier will activate it.

Why does it matter if its from Sprint? That makes literally NO difference. They're all the same phone.

Edited title. Idk why it says Unlockable? OP never asks about that. Don't really know what OP wants.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

If it's blocked due to nonpayment it will still work on other carriers, as far as I know USCC isn't participating in the national IMEI blacklist so even if it's reported stolen it will still probably work.

I've gotten USCC to unlock bad ESN iPhones and Sammies before.

The Sprint model is the same as USCC, model A1453 which is used by Sprint, some US regional carriers, and carriers in Japan.

so if i have my Rsim10, and i go to unlock it using a AT&T SIm or T-mobile it kicks it me back to activation 

You don't need an R-SIM, those are pieces of junk and will never work.

You need to call USCC at 888-944-9400 and ask them to unlock your phone.