WITGinc

Have I missed something?

So finally got the replacement phone, bricked my Galaxy Note 2 from VZW that I was using on USCC...And well, I now am the owner of a USCC Galaxy S4.  Factory reset it once I got it, so I had a "fresh start" and found out there was an update to 5.0.1 for it.  Ya, straight from USCC and didn't have to worry about starting to root and find a stable daily driver rom of 5.0.  So of course, I updated it.  Now I'm just curious if there is a way to root it yet.  Haven't seen anything here yet, and Google hasn't been much help.  Did I just skip something or am I blind?  It's not going to kill me if I can't root this version yet, I would just like to delete some bloatware instead of disabling them.  Anyways, let me know what I'm missing!  Lol

So finally got the replacement phone, bricked my Galaxy Note 2 from VZW that I was using on USCC...And well, I now am the owner of a USCC Galaxy S4.  Factory reset it once I got it, so I had a "fresh start" and found out there was an update to 5.0.1 for it.  Ya, straight from USCC and didn't have to worry about starting to root and find a stable daily driver rom of 5.0.  So of course, I updated it.  Now I'm just curious if there is a way to root it yet.  Haven't seen anything here yet, and Google hasn't been much help.  Did I just skip something or am I blind?  It's not going to kill me if I can't root this version yet, I would just like to delete some bloatware instead of disabling them.  Anyways, let me know what I'm missing!  Lol

You root it the exact same way you root all other S4's. Flash recovery, then SuperSU.

So the CF-Auto Root will work, awesome!  Didn't want to try anything since I hadn't seen anything yet. Thanks Zenzr!

I did flash TWRP via Odin, but it's not wanting to boot to recovery now.  Oh joy right?  Gotta get some sleep, but I'll work on it a bit more tomorrow evening.  Let me know if you can think of something I'm doing wrong.

Did you use the most recent version of TWRP?

https://twrp.me/devices/samsunggalaxys4uscellular.html

CF Auto Root has been phasing out ever since custom recoveries handle SuperSU.zip so readily.

After flashing newest TWRP flash SuperSU 2.45 or higher. Google it to find the latest version.

Same process as it ever was. Just new versions.

Edited by BoгИX

I rooted mine. Flashed recovery with odin. Don't let it not back to phone when it is done. Make sure to boot back to recovery and flash supersu

Sorry, I can be horrible at responding/updating...but yes, I had downloaded the wrong ODIN recovery...so once I got the correct one, it worked fine.  Thanks for your help!

Now I'm considering doing a full wipe and ODIN fresh start...I upgraded it to 5.0.1, but didn't wipe it...just noticing some small hickups and want it fresh.