nicklovell23

ROM][ SlimRemix ][SlimLP][TRLTEUSC] SlimRemix-Rom V1.X

That's weird... I need to get to bed. I'll be working on it in the morning. Thanks for the support, Nick.

Sent from my trlteusc using Tapatalk

No problem let me know if you figure it out.

One last thought. Is there a wifi apk or a com.wifi something or another that I can clear the cache of?

Yeah I'm stumped. I deleted root/etc/wifi folder and the button turns blue as if it wants to turn on, but it never does. Anyone have one last thought before I flash my stock backup?

Any reason to see issue if I flashed my stock backup? I believe it's a kit kat Rom, and I'm on 5.1.

Did you try just doing a factory reset on slim and then see if it works?

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

I think that's the only thing I didn't try...

Edit: didn't work. So far wifi is broke no matter what rom I try, even when I go back to non-rooted stock. I'm officially done resetting stuff. Something has to be fixed on the wifi end, not the rom end.

Edit edit: it works now.... I am baffled, seriously. I've spent like 6 hours on this, wasted a perfectly good 65 degree day out in order to fix this, and I try the ONE thing that I haven't done yet (factory reset in Slim) and now it works... thanks for the suggestion barn, and thank you Nick for sticking with me throughout the day and putting up with my questions.

I don't understand any of this, but if it works, I'm not complaining.

Edited by B_Rich

That's been an issue with CM based roms since 5.1 It happened to me once too. I even went back to my stock backup and had to factory reset it before it came back.

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

I'm trying to get my phone to work with my new Android Auto head unit and it just isn't going. I'm fairly confident that it's related to some sort of DPI issue. A post on XDA from someone with a Nexus was having similar issues and he said it was the ROM allowing DPI changes. That makes sense since I usually get stuck at the screen where you accept the terms of use and it's too big to fit on the head unit so I'm not able to move past it (and it'd be useless even if I could since the tiles would spill off of the screen). He called it DPI changing but I'm not sure if that's the accurate term.

Is there anyway to disable whatever is causing this issue? I'd like to stick to this ROM because it performs well but I think I may ultimately have to go back to stock. Unfortunately, Android Auto just isn't being used by a big enough audience to justify the extra effort out of the people putting these custom ROMs together. That's totally understandable, especially since there's no telling what would break by trying to get around whatever is causing this.

In themeantime, I guess I'll start looking at what I need to do to get onto a stock version of Lollipop. I'm not sure what to expect since I've never gone back to stock on any device.

Is there anything special I have to do to go from this with the kernel provided to the rooted version of the OTA Lollipop update from Samsung?

Edited by fecal

Settings -> Display -> LCD Density, change the value to 560 (default) and see if that works with Android Auto then. If it still doesn't work, then try 520 or something. I know some of these builds have been changing the DPI to 493 for some reason, which messes up my widgets and makes them all big, just like you're describing with Android Auto.

Don't have anything for you on the rooted version of the OTA Lollipop update.

I appreciate your help. I ended up just flashing the rooted version of the stock TouchWiz ROM (I used Odin to flash the stock Samsung L software first, not sure if it was necessary coming from Slim LP but it was mentioned in the post so I did it anyway). Everything works great now. Google Play Music doesn't crash anymore and Android Auto starts up perfectly. 

I'll miss using this ROM because it feels snappier and looks much nicer. TouchWiz is so clunky and bloated in comparison but it's a trade off that I have to make.

I'm running the latest build after a dirty flash from the previous release (clean flash). I haven't had any issues until yesterday. After running it for about 4 days it won't lock. When you press the power button to lock, or it locks on it's own, the lock sound goes off at least three times and it never locks. This happens with just a swipe unlock. If I use a pin or other method, it's not an issue. Not a big deal, just wanted to report.

Sent Using SlimRemix

Chirp away.  Please don't chirp for updates though.  You can always make them yourself.  Or can you?  Why don't you take the time to learn how to do it yourself?  Oh, you have a job and a life outside of Android development?  So does EVERYBODY. 

And chirping for updates won't make Nick want to update, so you pretty much undid any progress that may have been made.  He may be running a new build and said "screw uploading this for these impatient jerkoffs".  

Chirp, chirp, chirp indeed.

That wasn't for an update, that was just because the thread seemed to die. Sorry if it was taken that way.I just started running it again and was seeing what everyone was reporting. The "Disregard" post was because when i was looking at the upload site yesterday, the links weren't working. They came back up later that evening though.

That wasn't for an update, that was just because the thread seemed to die. Sorry if it was taken that way.I just started running it again and was seeing what everyone was reporting. The "Disregard" post was because when i was looking at the upload site yesterday, the links weren't working. They came back up later that evening though.

Right on. It was kinda hard to tell your intent