For those that have this device, how are you liking it after having some time to get accustomed to it? Also, has anyone been able to root it yet and put xposed on it?

For those that have this device, how are you liking it after having some time to get accustomed to it? Also, has anyone been able to root it yet and put xposed on it?

Haven't had any real reason to root it, but I will say it's probably the best phone I've ever owned.  I came from a GS5.

Haven't had any real reason to root it, but I will say it's probably the best phone I've ever owned. I came from a GS5.

I could be wrong but it seems like Samsung devices have been getting progressively worse with each newer device I get from them. Never had a Motorola but the newer stuff seems pretty legit. They've certainly come a long way since the first Androids they made. Because of that this XPE looks like a great way to get away from Sammy and their b/s for a while.

Haven't had any real reason to root it, but I will say it's probably the best phone I've ever owned. I came from a GS5.

I could be wrong but it seems like Samsung devices have been getting progressively worse with each newer device I get from them. Never had a Motorola but the newer stuff seems pretty legit. They've certainly come a long way since the first Androids they made. Because of that this XPE looks like a great way to get away from Sammy and their b/s for a while.

Truth is I would've loved to have a Sony Xperia, but my carrier won't activate one I figure, and they're not really all that CDMA friendly usually anyway.  They do look like fantastic devices though.

My GS5 was fine, but I deifnitely knew I didn't want a GS6 (no memory slot, no removable battery, it's practically an iPhone made by Samsung).  At least I get a memory slot with the Moto.  Also, I really want the Moto to do well, because things like Moto Maker will go away if they don't sell phones.  I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Yes the Moto Maker is a great way to make the phone more personalized. The idea of an unlocked device that's not carrier specific is wonderful and should hopefully become more of a normal thing. What I am curious of is what is the basic method of flashing for a Motorola device? I mean, does it have something like Odin? I am quite familiar with the Samsung way of doing things and feel quite comfortable getting out of a botched flashing or something of that nature.

I am with you on the S6 acting like an iPhone. I loved the S5 and the commercials bashing iPhone because of removable memory and bigger removable batteries but then they just turned around and made an iPhone that runs android. I was also getting tired of all the Touchwiz and other samsung garbage on the phone. I have to root just to make it usable and my wife (completely non tech) has an S5 like me and constantly hollers that mine is faster but she won't let me root hers. I am headed the way of the Moto X PE or an equivalent if USCC doesn't update their roaming policy and get some roaming lte in the next couple of months. I can't wait to just walk I to a carrier and say " give me a Sim" and just go from there.

I currently have a Nexus 6 and my wife has the Moto X PE. I can honestly say I'm jealous of her phone. Its practically a Nexus 6, with a better camera, easier to handle due to size, SD card slot and some useful added apps from Motorola that can be removed if so desired.

If I was in the market for a new phone I would order one without hesitation. Of course ibwould wait to see the new Nexus prices on the 29th first.

Not even comparing the megapixel counts of each camera, but from a speed of shot, detail visible, and low light photos (even though both are not top of the line in this category) the Moto X preforms better than the Nexus 6 hands down.

The only thing I don't care for is the way it focuses. Its werid......

After having the phone for 2 weeks today, I've decided to keep it. I was back and forth based mostly on the size. I finally got a Incipio Octane in the mail yesterday and even thought it added a small amount of size to it, the extra gription was very welcome. I probably would have gotten the wood back if I knew the rubber was going to be so slick. Very disappointed in that. But it's not a big enough deal to go through the exchange process.  And the case keeps my Thenar from touching the edge of the screen when reaching across. Guess that's a price to pay for thin bezels.

I will be adding the moto care plan to it tomorrow. Seems like a good deal.

There really isn't anything that really sticks out that I can complain about. If I had to be nit picky it bothers me that there is a bit of a sharp edge where the glass and plastic meet on the edge of the phone. It isn't present on the top and bottom edge, only the sides. And the dimple is back to a smaller size this year but is slick unlike my black OG X.  And for my hands anyway it needed to be up about half an inch higher. Otherwise, I'm impressed with build quality for a mid range $ phone. Solid, weight that make it feel premium, no creakyness, nice button feedback.

I've had more than one occasion where my "OK Moto X" command doesn't work. Sometimes multiple times in a row. I'm going to try a different phrase and see how that works. Trying to come up with something witty.

Software runs smooth. Glad to be back to  stock. And I had missed the active display more than I realized using an G3 for 10 months. And of course the moto actions. Twist camera and chop light=awesome.

Front speakers are pretty loud and crisp. They start to distort a bit when cranked. Mostly when playing music. Voices come through crisp even at full volume. So A+ there I think.

Screen auto brightness is a little janky. On auto I think it gets a little brighter than it needs to sometimes. Even if I set the slider low. Quality of the screen is probably a matter of opinion. It is less crisp than my G3 however the "smoothness" of the display is pleasing to look at. Smooth is the only way I can think to describe it. It gets plenty bright and the LCD actually is visible in direct sunlight.

Earpiece volume on calls is loud. I usually have it turned down a couple clicks under loud. Only time I have it full volume is when running some of our older farm equipment. And even then, with my not so great hearing (thanks Poison, Motley Crue, GnR ect...) I can still hear it fine.

Phone signal is great. Obviously I was concerned about the band 12 issue but comparing it on LTE with my wife's 2014 X they show the same dbm. I need to take both phones to a crappier signal area sometime, just haven't had a chance.

Camera is nice. I'm not a huge cell phone camera critic. I mean it takes as good or better pictures than my G3. Definitely better than the 2014. If I had to gripe, it doesn't focus quite as fast a my G3. Otherwise I'm satisfied.

Battery life is not bad. I'm usually a 2.5 ish SOT type of guy. GSAM shows an average of just over 17 hours use with just over 3 hours SOT. Keep in mind about half of my SOT since getting the phone is running tractors during the day. Point being the brightness is probably at or near full brightness during that time. I have a couple email accounts syncing. I don't game. Just reading geeky crap on Chrome most of the time. Texts, hangouts, nothing crazy. And if I swing in the house for lunch I can plug it in Turbo Style for 20 minutes and it really gives it a nice boost. So I personally am not going to complain about the battery. I'd love it if it was more, obviously, but it always gets me thru my day, even if I haven't given it a top off at lunch time.

What else... The bluetooth works good. Pairs up within 10 seconds after being out of range of my G watch R. Works great with my Ford Sync. Just no problems at all.

WiFi signal is better in my house than my G3 was. (impressed with my Google OnHub by the way)

In the end I don't think this phone does anything phenomenal. Nor does it do anything poorly. My 3 main reasons in order for getting it in the first place were

1) Pure and unbloated. Which should equal awesome update times. Whether it be OS updates or security stuff.

2) To support Motorola. Both for this new approach to selling phones and the way they present android. Clean with a few stellar touches.

3) FINALLY MOTO MAKER! I had a blast deciding what to go with. Just neat to finally have that option

So yeah, that's my little rundown. Any questions just ask.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Ordered mine Thursday. The size is going to take some getting used to, but there were a few things with the nexus 5x I wouldn't be able to live with. To be honest, I love my moto x 2014. If not for the camera I'd keep it forever.

Delivery date said Oct 16... Is it really taking that long, or are people getting them early?

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

They are shipping sooner than the projected delivery date. I believe mine shipped after 4 days and this was on the initial release.

It ships from Hong Kong so that takes a couple of days.

Ordered mine Thursday. The size is going to take some getting used to, but there were a few things with the nexus 5x I wouldn't be able to live with. To be honest, I love my moto x 2014. If not for the camera I'd keep it forever.

Delivery date said Oct 16... Is it really taking that long, or are people getting them early?

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

My confirmed date was 9-15, got it 9-11.  My brother's was delayed due to a customs problem in Memphis about a week ago, which put him past the projected date.  He would've gotten it before if not for that.  Apparently it happened to a few people. 

Ordered mine on Saturday morning (10/3) and it's saying it'll be here on 10/20.  I'm really hoping it gets here sooner since my S5 has decided to start dying (half the screen's flickering and it's slowing down considerably).

A quick observation on LTE/band 12.

A couple days ago I was travelling through a known poor signal area so I pulled up the SIM status on both my XPE and my wife's 2014 X. I held on to LTE through the 5 mile stretch while hers dropped to 3G in that area. Mind you data was still a little slow because the signal was definitely weak but still.

A couple days ago I was travelling through a known poor signal area so I pulled up the SIM status on both my XPE and my wife's 2014 X. I held on to LTE through the 5 mile stretch while hers dropped to 3G in that area. Mind you data was still a little slow because the signal was definitely weak but still.

Also could be a more advanced antenna on your newer phone, there's really no way to know yet.  The LTE identifier apps haven't worked for me so  far.

Also could be a more advanced antenna on your newer phone, there's really no way to know yet. The LTE identifier apps haven't worked for me so far.
Yeah not sure how reliable the SIM status reading is. But I guess at a minimum, I haven't seen any drop offs in lower signal areas that are concerning. Hopefully any updates will just make things better.

To the people who have the MPXE, are you still happy with it? I'm seeing horror stories about Motorola support and they're already stopping updates for their 2013 phones, so I don't want to end up with an EOL phone too soon.  Mine's still in the building phase.

To the people who have the MPXE, are you still happy with it? I'm seeing horror stories about Motorola support and they're already stopping updates for their 2013 phones, so I don't want to end up with an EOL phone too soon.  Mine's still in the building phase.

I do find it strange that the Moto X 2nd Gen in the US will not be getting the update (but Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Pure US will).  That is a 2014 phone.  

That said, I'm not super concerned because the MXPE is one model with all the same hardware for all of North America.  There's only two variants total I believe (International, and then the NA).  The hacking community has provided for times when we had some 5 variants here in the US (like with the Galaxy S5), so I figure I'll have some options anyway even if Moto ultimately abandons me prematurely. 

Since the MXPE15 is not carrier branded like the Moto X 2014, it will be easier for Moto to control updates.  Notice the only phones that aren't getting the updates to Marshmallow are the carrier-branded US variants.  The Pure Edition 2014 (not carrier branded) will continue to get updates.  Motorola has begun the war against carriers selling devices!

I am. It is still big. But that is the only drawback I can see for some folks. I had a post a week or so ago outlining my thoughts after a couple weeks.

And as far as the update thing goes, I think that Motorola is doing this to start showing people that dealing with carriers during the update process sucks for everyone. And it seems it's almost a way to gently nudge folks into this different way of buying phones (unlocked). If you look at the list I'm not surprised the 2013 X won't be getting another update. It's a 2 year old phone. And the 2014 pure WILL be getting M. Showing that they are going to be favoring the pure devices over the carrier ones. While it's kinda shi^^y of them, I see their vision. I read an article that outlined the headache and $ a oem has to go through with carriers for updates. So in reality, I think the carriers are as much to blame for update problems as anyone. So I have full confidence that the XPE will see a good life span of updates.

I'm glad they're starting this now. Does it suck? Absolutely. But its a necessary evil when the biggest complaint about android is the lack of updates. Motorola was one of the first OEMs to really push one device as an unlocked for all device. Now they're changing the game about how they're updated. Hopefully this ends up you buy only service from whatever carrier. That way those carriers that aren't so good (uscc) get a swift kick in butt to either step up their game or fall behind.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edited by Zenzr