I ordered one also. Projected delivery date is the Oct 2nd. It's for the wife and she wanted the walnut with white. Which set up did you go with Hilgerone?

Did you get one of these yet? My. Projected delivery was 10/2!

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-09-14-06-38-40.png

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Nice! I haven't received anything yet, but hopefully today will change that.

Please let us know what you think about the phone when you have it in hand. Good luck activating it as well!

I'm probably going to just rely on theBuzzkill to do it if he would be so kind. My agent dropped a SIM in the mail so I should have that tomorrow.

I will definitely give a run down when I get it. Obviously it's going to be large which is my only concern. But so long as it fits in my leg pocket of my carpenter jeans, I'm good to go!

My Nexus 6 fits just a tad snug in my "skinny" jeans, even with my otterbox defender type case, so I would assume your jeans are just fine lol.
Seems like a strange requirement I know. But that's just wear my phone lives.

Oh believe me I understand. My friends make fun of me for required pockets to not be tiny in pants/shorts I wear. But I like keeping everything in a very specific place - wallet, keys, phone, all of that. 

I'd have a Nexus 6 if it fit the pocket. But unfortunately it did not. Wanted one pretty bad. So this might be my happy medium. And I'm with ya. Sh*ts got its place. Whether it be pocketed item or, maybe even more importantly, where my lists fall on the double column view in Google Keep!

Edited by hilgerone

TheBuzzkill got mine activated where others failed.  Awesome, and Thanks!

When the rep did it, *228 didn't work, but when theBuzzkill did, it went through programming fine and activated. 

Got the phone activated today by just taking my SIM out of my old Moto X, putting it in the new one and calling US Cellular and just flat out lying to the person on the other end and telling them that I was activating a Nexus 6. They asked me a couple questions about what storage option I had and what color it was. I gave them the MEID and SIM number and the phone is now activated and working. Only issues so far is that the LTE might not be as strong as it should be, which could be the whole issue with band 12 being disabled for now (if that's true) and the carrier is just showing up as "Roaming Indicator Off" instead of "US Cellular". Otherwise, everything is working fine on it. What a nightmare this process has been.

Are you still noticing the 4g weakness?

Not really so much. I seem to get the same LTE strengths as my 2014 X did now that I've been out and about with it for a couple days.

On the FedEx truck out for delivery. theBuzzkill, Tapatalk won't let me send a PM for some reason. Are you available today or tomorrow?

Lucky you! Mine still shows its being built.

That really sucks. Reading a bit over at android central it sounds like the inconsistencies are common. People who ordered day 1 are still being built, people who ordered a few days later already have them. Just can't depend on that child labor.

Was told by a current employee today that they will start activating them, but they won't troubleshoot, sell accessories, or obviously carry it. Know how they work I'm sure not many will even know the phone exist yet tho. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Verizon is also giving customers a hard time activating the new X PEs.  They say a solution is coming on the 18th.  Maybe USCC will wizen up soon. [/wishful_thinking]

I got the phone today but the SIM card my store mailed me hasn't arrived yet. Can I use one out of my current phone if I become impatient? Lol

Also the slate is definitely lighter than on moto maker post-4049-14423379285_thumb.jpgwith a hue of blue.

This is true, lol just thought Id put it out there.

It would be fun tho.  Walk into the store with a phone theyve never seen, heard of, knew existed...show them that it's activated, functional, and on the account, but ask they dumbest question - like - how do I turn wifi on?

just to see them struggle to compute the fact that they have this brand new phone that's a total mystery to them and working perfectly, and that you asked such a mindless question.

GOLD I SAY, THAT WOULD BE GOLD!

You got the deep pockets bro, do it and post the video here. That would be funny, I could just see it now. Never heard of that phone let me remove that from your account because you must have hacked the system.

Good news, I was told that today US Cellular put a note on their internal site explicitly stating that the Moto X Pure Edition can be activated using "the established COE process".

So that may help if someone gives you a hard time trying to activate this phone.

EDIT: I think this is the same thing TokenBlackGuy mentioned above.

Edited by GoPackGo

I know it's mentioned twice but here is the memo we got today:Details

The following update has been made to the Customer Owned Equipment policy:

The Motorola X Pure Edition is an exception to this policy and customers may activate this device on their account.

The Motorola X Pure Edition will be sold directly from Motorola; from a process standpoint, associates are to activate the device using the established COE process.

U.S. Cellular will neither offer service programs for this device nor stock accessories. Customers are to contact Motorola at 1-800-734-5870 with warranty issues.

I was happy to see a social media rep sent me a follow-up message on Facebook today to let me know that the device can now being activated. I'm still going to wait a couple weeks though to see the specs on the new Nexus 5.

I can confirm that us cellular will activate the moto x pure edition. The same post also says us cellular will not sell the moto x pure or its accessories.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk