Has anyone heard or seen much about this? I know tomorrow is a press release on it. I liked the looks of the 2nd gen moto x, just 16gigs storage wouldn't have been enough for me. Hopefully we get it with 32 gigs available.

http://www.androidauthority.com/moto-x-2015-preview-know-far-626448/

Edited by Holden45

16GB is plenty. I only used up the entire space one time when trying to record HD videos for a couple hours. Would be awesome if it came with kitkat that's displayed in the pictures. LP is a terrible downgrade.

16 is maybe enough for some but I agree without an SD card slot its not enough.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Personally I'm more excited if these specs prove out. SD card and 3600 MaH battery...Moto FTW. Might actually make me sell my Nexus to try it out...at least until the new Nexuses come out in the fall :)

http://www.droid-life.com/2015/07/27/rumor-moto-x-3rd-gen-to-feature-3600mah-battery-21mp-camera-microsd-slot/

Wow all I can say about that. 21 mp camera, snapdragon 808 processor, up to 64 gigs onboard with SD card support, 3000 mah battery, 5.7" qhd screen. I believe there is carrier editions but they mostly touched on the pure edition. The pure edition claims any carrier can use it. All for $399 unlocked... Seriously haha maybe I'm too excited.

http://www.motorola.com/us/smartphones/moto-x-pure.html

Well there you have it. Sounds like a slightly smaller (upgraded?) version of the Nexus 6 with the Moto X Style, and the specs we listed above are for an international device called the Moto X Play. 

If the camera is as good as they say it is, I'll definitely consider the new moto x style. Might coincide nicely with a switch to another carrier around this fall. :) Definitely a beast of a phone for $399 unlocked. 

This will be a strong competitor to the next Nexus devices for by new phone whenever I switch from USCC. 

Dual sim? Like GSM and CDMA? Or am I dreaming?

It's for an international phone where there are some networks which have different GSM bands and require multiple sim cards. I'm sure if there is a US variant it will be single SIM only. 

By Moto X Play I assume you mean Pure. We're definitely getting that phone. I'd jump on it as well. Good stuff it is!

No theirs 2 different new moto x. One is called moto x play and the other is moto x style. We are getting the style in the states. But there will be a moto x style pure edition and moto x style for carriers. That's the information I'm getting.

I'll take your info and deny it without proof. But the pure edition is definitely for us. It's basically a Nexus 6 just with different (perhaps better) specs. Two please.

OK I think I finally got this understood haha. The names are confusing as heck. So the moto x play is a midrange phone but not coming to the states that I can see. Then you have the moto x style which is getting an international and domestic release but carrier information isn't available nor is pricing. The 3rd one is moto x style pure edition which is domestic only supposedly will work on every US carrier and will be sold $399 unlocked....

Geesh they made this confusing.

Edited by Holden45

Well heck. I'd be interested. Might be time to list my nexus 6 lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That would be awesome. $400 for a top end phone. Now I don't have to be forced to change from my Belief plan (That I was lied about many times) ;)

OK I think I finally got this understood haha. The names are confusing as heck. So the moto x play is a midrange phone but not coming to the states that I can see. Then you have the moto x style which is getting an international and domestic release but carrier information isn't available nor is pricing. The 3rd one is moto x style pure edition which is domestic only supposedly will work on every US carrier and will be sold $399 unlocked....

Close. The Style and the Pure are the same thing, the only difference is LTE bands. Of the two, the Pure is for US carriers and the Style is abroad.

We don't get the Play nor do we get the Style. We only get the Pure. Which is the Style, but more American.

So will it be possible to activate the pure edition on USCC?

No USCC carrier availability announced yet. But I would be surprised if we didn't get it.

Close. The Style and the Pure are the same thing, the only difference is LTE bands. Of the two, the Pure is for US carriers and the Style is abroad.

We don't get the Play nor do we get the Style. We only get the Pure. Which is the Style, but more American.

Yea a couple articles had it messed up and I saw that later, with it corrected. Why make it so confusing name wise.